Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-07-2003 , 05:48 PM

fingers crossed just had an interview

ok guys keep your fingers crossed for me please!! i just had an interview with framstore CFC! user added image man I'm so nervous damnit I really want that job user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 25-07-2003 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
Good luck!

# 3 25-07-2003 , 07:57 PM
cheers I will find out next week if I was successful so I'm off to have a few beers to put it outta my head user added image

ALan

IMDB
# 4 29-07-2003 , 11:43 AM
Good Luck Alan, Hope you get it user added image

# 5 29-07-2003 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
Man, Framestore CFC is a fine shop - I love the stuff they're doing (especially the Johhny Walker clip with the shoals of "no-fishes").

All the best - you really deserve a decent job! :thumbsup:

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 6 29-07-2003 , 11:53 AM
Dude go get yourself soooo drunk, and come back and start posting

Good luck btw user added image
fingers and toes crossed, I think I need Potassium in my diet-I miss the banana smilie user added image-

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 7 29-07-2003 , 11:54 AM
thanks man, i keep on checking my email over and over in the vain hope that they have sent me something.... lol it's driving me nuts

Alan

IMDB
# 8 29-07-2003 , 11:59 AM
Dude, don't let it get on your nerves, worst case scenario -God Forbid- you'll learn from this interview, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but expecting the worse and adjusting to it, always makes the results looks better, do you have a link of your work?

Insha Allah all will be better, I'll pray for you -provided I get half of your first pay check of course user added image -

[edit]Forget asking about the link, just checked your page, hey you're a fellow flasher, how come I don't see you in ww.flashkit.com then user added image[/edit]

[edit2]Man do I feel stupid, I've seen your work before at FK, I loved that draggable mask emulating thing user added image thumbs up man, well no need to worry then, I'd hire you immediately, so start celebrating already[/edit2] user added image user added image

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.

Last edited by el-ignoramus; 29-07-2003 at 12:02 PM.
# 9 29-07-2003 , 12:36 PM
lol cheers man, yeah i used to do a lot of flash stuff and that was something I did ages ago. None of my maya stuff is on the website and it's all really old crappy max stuff i did that I thought was good at the time but now i realise..... check my WIP and the last animation i did is here: https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/cho...20x576high.avi

I may post my reel sometime, but it's nothing special user added image thanks for the kind words though

Alan

IMDB
# 10 29-07-2003 , 01:27 PM
good luck man, I am on the same waiting boat... so I know what your going thru. Kinda sucks... lol.. Good luck

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 29-07-2003 , 01:44 PM
cheers brian! any studio that doesnt hire you to do ALL their modelling for a project in one nite user added image is crazy! have you thought of applying to any british studios?

Alan

IMDB
# 12 29-07-2003 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Good luck!

# 13 29-07-2003 , 02:33 PM
Good luck man.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 14 29-07-2003 , 03:54 PM
Pure_Morning,

Actually I don't have my modeling demo done yet. I have had some requests on my Matchmoving work, so I made a 2 min demo for matchmoving. I still need to make a modeling demo. neverending work in this field. Takes up so much time.. but its fun user added image Good luck man, I will let you know if I hear anything (from Tippett Studio) Talk to you later,
Brian

(I will apply anywhere I can to get a job)

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 30-07-2003 , 03:45 PM
woohoo good news guys I have a second interview with them this friday! user added image :headbang: user added image

IMDB