Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 29-09-2003 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
I don't think sports like bungee jumping or parachuting (which I have done a lot of ) are, if they are done properly, like pouring stuff over yourself in your back garden and striking a match.

# 17 29-09-2003 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Witchy
No but you might spare a though for your family and friends who have to go through the trauma of seeing you horribly burned and fearing you might die. Or if you do identifying you and seeing you like that as the last memory of you they will ever have. For the paramedics that have to come and pick you up, the fire brigade and police officers who attend to investigate it, in case you were set on fire by someone else, the staff in A and E who treat you initially and probably save your life, the burns unit who keep you going and make your life worth living again and the plastics people that make you look semi normal so kids don't point and laugh at you in the street. And the tax payers who pay for all that. And it might be their job but you could have saved them the time which they could then spend working on someone who had injuries through no fault of their own.

If you want to set yourself on fire go ahead, but it isn't just going to affect you if it goes wrong. And in my experience people who do stupid things do expect sympathy when they go wrong, that's human nature.

true for the first part, but as for the sympathy when i broke my ankle pulling a stupid stunt on my board last year, i didn't, i got myself to hospital (bus and walking, yes it hurt) and got on doing everything i would normally do, not asking people to wait on me because they shouldn't have to, i did it i should pay the consequences.

# 18 29-09-2003 , 08:33 PM

Originally posted by ckyuk
yep, if the bungee (don't know if that's spelt right) snaps who made you jump. You. I also hope to do a bungee jump some time soon and if something goes wrong and i end up in a wheelchair it'll be my fault, i know the risks.

Nope. I think there´s a lot diferent from actually doing this with profesionals on the business, than doing it on your own. These guys they haven´t had one single accident record, and they are used to shooting comercials to. I though the safest way I could have would have been that one.

I pretty much suppose setting yourself on fire with tips learned from a friend or somethingawful.com is not the safest route eh?

# 19 29-09-2003 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
However saying what i just said i'm not promoting or suggesting that other people should do these kind of things if you don't take saftey messures things like this can go very wrong, when i did it we tested how long the flames would last before i did it. Also if anyone wants to see my video i'll be hosting it later in the year when it's finished. So far i've got about 30 minutes. Although it does include skateboarding and bike trials for the most part.

# 20 29-09-2003 , 08:35 PM

I don't think sports like bungee jumping or parachuting (which I have done a lot of ) are, if they are done properly, like pouring stuff over yourself in your back garden and striking a match.

Indeed.

By the way, next in plan -if money allows- is Great Whites Diving in Isla Guadalupe in Mexico. user added image
Hopefully I´ll get some great pics while underwater.

Last edited by adldesigner; 29-09-2003 at 08:39 PM.
# 21 29-09-2003 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
Nope. I think there´s a lot diferent from actually doing this with profesionals on the business, than doing it on your own. These guys they haven´t had one single accident record, and they are used to shooting comercials to. I though the safest way I could have would have been that one.

I pretty much suppose setting yourself on fire with tips learned from a friend or somethingawful.com is not the safest route eh?

It wasn't done with tips from friends or sites though. I was done to look like a mindless stunt for the video, what you don't see is how much preperation goes into something like this. Even though it looks like it was done on the spot with no preperation and i was well up for it. I was as nervous as hell and made sure it was going to work and be as safe as possible.

# 22 29-09-2003 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber
Those will be great shots Adl! That will be such a cool thing to do.

# 23 29-09-2003 , 08:52 PM
Yeah man! Kinda expensive .. but I´m saving it up as a graduation trip for myself. Tired of doing the ol beach routine already.
Still need PADI certification too.

Talking of shots, you guys want to see some from the bungy experience? user added image

# 24 29-09-2003 , 08:55 PM

It wasn't done with tips from friends or sites though. I was done to look like a mindless stunt for the video, what you don't see is how much preperation goes into something like this. Even though it looks like it was done on the spot with no preperation and i was well up for it. I was as nervous as hell and made sure it was going to work and be as safe as possible.

Buddy, it´s still way to dangerous stuff to mess with.
I mean, they actually use all sorts of stuff in the film industry, and they STILL have accidents.

What makes you think you are safe from that mate?
I´m in no way deterring you from doing those stunts again, I just find them difficult to comprehend.

# 25 29-09-2003 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber

Witchy, Should I jump from that same thing ... while being burned mate? I suppose I could fall on water, so instead of just burning I could break my back too.

I think you could set yourself on fire and bungee jump into the water with the sharks. It might put the fire out of course but it would be a useful combination of extreme experiences. And a nice barbecued lunch for Mr Jaws

Last edited by Witchy; 29-09-2003 at 09:04 PM.
# 26 29-09-2003 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
I see what you mean but it's done now so there isn't much i can do, and atleast it all went ok in the end, didn't get burnt just lost some leg hair.

# 27 29-09-2003 , 09:08 PM

I think you could set yourself on fire and bungee jump into the water with the sharks. It might put the fire out of course but it would be a useful combination of extreme experiences. And a nice barbecued lunch for Mr Jaws

Lol, I think JackAss would lose their reign among the crazy b*stards with such a stunt. :p

# 28 29-09-2003 , 09:10 PM

I see what you mean but it's done now so there isn't much i can do, and atleast it all went ok in the end, didn't get burnt just lost some leg hair.

Quite a great way of shaving eh? :p
Thankfully nothing went wrong on this one.

# 29 29-09-2003 , 09:19 PM
"..Holy sh*t! What the hell did I get into?! ..."

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 29-09-2003 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
Quite a great way of shaving eh? :p
Thankfully nothing went wrong on this one.

Yeah, there aren't many stupid stunts like these in the vid anyway as it's not a stunt video they're just there to break up the skateboarding and trials riding so instead of watching one half hour skateboarding or riding video it's like watching lot's of five minute ones.