Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-10-2003 , 10:18 PM

i'm looking for a job

What should i make for finding a good job?

Have a good experience?
Have a awesome demoreel?
Have a good protection maybe?

I'm looking for a job, but forgot how it to do, because not frequently change a job user added image
I'm looking a full time job in a creative studio. Does not matter where you are, i'm ready to relocate.
I have experience in Maya (modeling and animation) and i have experience in other software, like After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Corel and so on.
My last job was in game developer studio, i'm was lead artist.
So ... that's it. For more information email to petryaev@inbox.lv

Thank you.

P.S. By the way, you can see some my works on this site. The links are below.

Last edited by pal; 03-10-2003 at 02:28 AM.
# 2 03-10-2003 , 02:21 AM
Demo reel is most important. Experience afterwards. Good personality wouldn't hurt either. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 03-10-2003 , 02:53 AM
What do you mean?

Demo reel - web site or big single video?

# 4 03-10-2003 , 03:20 AM
Demo on VHS is the best for getting jobs website only goes so far....Best to have both..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 03-10-2003 , 04:34 AM
The Maya Mountain
Website worked for me. user added image

# 6 11-10-2003 , 08:43 AM
Thanks for your advices.

I finished my home page, if you have a time, please, visit to it and tell me, have i chance to find a good job with this portfolio or not.

Here it is https://home.balticom.lv/pal/index.html

# 7 13-10-2003 , 06:16 PM
Your stuff is real good, I think you have a good chance of getting a job.

I think the problem is to find a company that is the need to hire someone with your skills.

# 8 13-10-2003 , 10:28 PM
and in your country.

# 9 13-10-2003 , 11:02 PM
Well, I would probably be willing to move if I got a good job in a foreign country. As long as english or swedish is the main language user added image

EDIT, oops should read "job" there, not country user added image (edited the sentance).

Last edited by GreyFox; 14-10-2003 at 01:27 AM.
# 10 13-10-2003 , 11:30 PM
My country can't give me job which i want, this is small and poor country ... Therefore I try to find something outside of my "village" user added image ... and language is not a big problem, i think relocation is big problem, and for me, and for employer

Last edited by pal; 13-10-2003 at 11:35 PM.
# 11 14-10-2003 , 03:44 AM
I think people's skills are more important than your own industrial/artistic/technical skills. The ability to work with a team and provide the best you can do is the key for success.

# 12 14-10-2003 , 03:57 AM
Don´t think a firefighter will put out a fire, if he only knows how to talk with his partners.

I´d say, best to have everything in you. As long as there´s someone with a problem that you can solve, you will be okay. If you want to have a partner, or even a team, then your people skills will matter, but not as much as the gist of whatever you DO know.

# 13 14-10-2003 , 04:03 AM
I think it's a little of both. People skills will get you job, oftentimes, but your technical skills will help you to keep it.

A poor plumber may make friends among the management, but if his work sucks (er, bad pun, sorry) then even his golf game won't help him keep his job.
An excellent plumber with a few holes in his social skills may rub his management the wrong way, but if he's often requested by the customer and makes them money, they tend to overlook that.

The ideal employee, of course, is the excellent trademan with great social skills. Those, generally, are few and far between in my experience :/

# 14 14-10-2003 , 06:02 AM
People skills will get you job, oftentimes, but your technical skills will help you to keep it.

Nataliia you are absolutely right!

# 15 14-10-2003 , 06:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, I have heard of people who were not necessarily doing a bad job but were let go because of their horrible attitudes. Overall, though, you're probably right.