Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 20-10-2003 , 07:42 PM

Deja-Vu

Theoretically what happens is that for each stimulus you have 1.- a sensation (The nervous sensation perse) and 2.- a perception (The brain interpreting this sensation), now at certain points, and by mechanisms not known yet (the brain is one very misterious and powerfull machine) it perceives the sensation before it even reaches the brain for proper perception. Then one millionth of a second later when the exact sensation arrives at the brain, it reinterprets the data, and remembers something that didn´t actually happen twice, but only got reread on the brain.

Got that while studying gestalt in psychology class. user added image
Could be wrong though, but sounds reasonable, and still leaves ample margin for other theories as well.

# 32 20-10-2003 , 07:47 PM

Originally posted by DeDSoL
.. What i get all of the time... two maybe three times a week, daeshavo --or however u spell it-- im not sure where i see it ...

I remember my psychologist actually told me this was an nervous system disorder, so I would recommend checking it out. Frequent deja-vus are not good, actually it may be signaling that the brain is on hyperactive mode, channeling all energy to it, without even using its nerves to do the job for it.

# 33 21-10-2003 , 01:21 AM
I have the weirdest dreams myself....
my most recent one, I am riding this motorcycle with rocket engines and a cotton candy pouch when it breaks down at a stoplight and the side plating that makes it look al cool sticks out sideways like wings except on a vertical axis (hehe... vertical axis... maya in the brain...)
i look up, and the guy next to me shouts "try and fly!!!" so the next thing i know i'm fling over this nice neighborhood with tall pine trees with people on them. this guy in a clown hat is shooting golf balls at another guy, who is not paying attention. I move over to the water fountain, and fall down the nearby elevator shaft and wake up.

# 34 21-10-2003 , 02:21 AM
lol! maya in the brain thats great!

lately more and more ive been getting better at remembering my dreams clearly as if it was video recorded where i can just step back starting from waking up to where how i started. its weird because ever since I moved back here to washington, everytime i sleep, i ALWAYS dream and i always remember it. Even a short nap ill have a dream.. I dunno maybe my brain just likes to show me short movies.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 35 21-10-2003 , 02:27 AM
as for deja vu..i got that when i was younger, but not anymore..

But there is one thing that I dont know what to call because I know it was more than a dejavu. When I was very young during 1st grade, I remember dreaming and there was one scene in that dream that I remember the most. It was a scene of a concrete wall, there were grasses down growing around it, tall grasses. As if the place was once a house area before but long abandoned. But in the scene was just that wall, grasses, and on the left a nice tree that stood just a few feet higher than the wall.

Everything in the whole scene is black & white except the leaves of the tree and the grasses were in the middle of being green and black and white.

The next day, my parents decide for all of us to go to the beach along with my dads students so we all go. I was in a jeep just looking outside when it hit me:

I saw the exact same scene and I know for a fact that I wasnt dreaming and remembering it now, i know that it happend because that was the first time I ever experienced something like that and my heart was pounding. I was soo scared that I think thats why I still remember it. The feeling it gave me was a scary feeling, like in the movie, The RING, when it showed the dead girl in the closet, it gave you that shocked, heart-pounding moment.

But yeah that was the weirdest thing that ever happend to me, besides all the astral projection that has been occuring with me lately..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 36 21-10-2003 , 02:31 AM
You probably wake up during the REM sleep alot.

Here's an article I found: https://www.apsa.org/pubinfo/remqa.htm

quote from article: "Of people awakened during REM sleep, as many as 70-95% of them report dreams in contrast to 5-10% of awakenings during non-REM sleep."

# 37 21-10-2003 , 03:22 AM
Dreams are absolutely real, and some are even more real than wakeing consiousness. Some beleve that people live thier whole life asleep,
And that only when we realize we are dreaming can we see life as it truly is.

I think you were trying to tell yourself some thing, its up to you to figure out what.

the present moment,
is the only moment that matters
# 38 21-10-2003 , 10:37 AM
Hey adl you venezuelans are all psycologists?user added image you get particular classes since youre born or what?

Por aqui el cliche es que el psicologo, tené que ser argentiiino, mah que venesolano. vihte?user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 21-10-2003 at 10:40 AM.
# 39 21-10-2003 , 01:33 PM
grey fox: i guess i do wake up alot during REM..i just read that article...so then, what would explain all of my "sleepwalking"? everytime i fall asleep somewhere that isnt my bedroom, i always wake up somewhere else and i cant help it. i dont remember me getting up and going to that place. the only i remember would be feeling sleepy and then waking up somewhere else the next day. my cousins who slept over told me id wake up and talk really fast and sometimes mad at them, but i dont remember any of that...mmm..starting to think my brain gots some serious problems