View Poll Results: Does magic interest you?
Yes 19 79.17%
No 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-10-2003 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber

Magic

Does magic interest you?
I'm not talking about actually performing it, im talking about watching it (in person, on tv) but im not talking about 44 days in a glass box, or a week buried alive either
magic like david blaine street magic, derren brown, david copperfield, lance burton, paul daniels, tommy cooper etc

does it make you go "wow" or are you one of those who like to pick a trick apart til its death?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 21-10-2003 , 12:52 AM
Im always initially wowed, but then my brain kicks in and starts to work out how its done.

Didjaknow, that the most famous majic trick in the work is the indian rope trick. Yet the majority of people to know the name, have never seen the trick performed! I have, and its bloody impressive, though it was done without the original gran finale. Which isnt suprising since it involves dismemberment.

Last edited by [icarus_uk]; 21-10-2003 at 12:54 AM.
# 3 21-10-2003 , 12:55 AM
SM Tea Boy
No it doesn't interest me.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 21-10-2003 , 07:26 AM
Subscriber
some people voted no, any reason why?

im only asking because i wanna try to improve my own performances to make them more appealing and interesting to everybody

- Simon

# 5 21-10-2003 , 10:24 AM
dismemberment? now thats a truly screwed up trick... elaborateuser added image....

# 6 21-10-2003 , 11:33 AM
I clicked yes before you started talking about illusionists.

I'm more into REAL magic.

Sayonara!
~Ninkazu
# 7 21-10-2003 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
Humorous illusionist magic is cool!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 8 21-10-2003 , 12:25 PM
>dismemberment? now thats a truly screwed up trick... elaborate

The original trick, had the majician playing his pipe and the rope which was very limp before, ruising up out of a wicker basket. Then a boy climbing up the rope, the majician climbing up after him with a big knife. The majician would then dismember the boy, with the bits falling back down into the basket. The majicin would climb down the rope, the rope would fall away and the boy would stand up out of the basket!

# 9 21-10-2003 , 12:32 PM

The original trick, had the majician playing his pipe and the rope which was very limp before, ruising up out of a wicker basket. Then a boy climbing up the rope, the majician climbing up after him with a big knife. The majician would then dismember the boy, with the bits falling back down into the basket. The majicin would climb down the rope, the rope would fall away and the boy would stand up out of the basket!

So there was an abulance team in the basket aswell to stick the boy back together with crazy glue and string? that IS impressive user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 10 21-10-2003 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
yeh ive seen the indian rope trick on tv that really is a GOOD trick
magics cool

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 11 21-10-2003 , 02:12 PM
i dont like tricks, because they are not magic...and i dont like magic because they are really supposed to be powers instead of the "ooo its magic"...

i believe that in the eastern countries like india, or one of those countries where people have high spiritual realization of their surrounding have such powers (suspended animation (buried for a long time), astral projection, levitation) that of course we would never see in the western television of any kind because its not good enough. not good enough as in it is pointless to make a show out of their powers and that wasnt their intent.

oh and i voted yes

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>

Last edited by orgeeizm; 21-10-2003 at 02:23 PM.
# 12 21-10-2003 , 03:31 PM
I voted for yes...because I always go "wow" when I see a great illusion and I want to know how they make that

# 13 21-10-2003 , 06:00 PM
I actually do it as a semi-hobby. Works well when trying to pick up a girl.:bgreen:

# 14 21-10-2003 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber

- Simon

# 15 21-10-2003 , 07:13 PM
I never get impressed by card tricks....they are too easy to learn. if you once know how to do them then they are boring