Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-10-2003 , 01:59 AM

garments and animation

Hi guys,
what is the deal with cloth garments. I ran the simulation and I had really no idea about when to interupt the process. What is a typical local simulation time? Do we need to have a "run up" that covers the entire length of a scene? I can't seem to delete cloth objects and the seams and start over with the panels because when I go to "make garment" again, I get the message that the 'panel already has a sticher attached.' I tried to delete the connection in the hypergraph and that seemed to do the trick but, when I tried to run the simulation again, it gave me a really weird response, the gravity took over the garment and it deformed out of sight. I deleted the cache too. What is the deal. And another thing, do we need to bind the garments to the bones just like skinning? There doesn't seem to be a lot of text regarding cloth and garments. Thanks!

# 2 25-10-2003 , 02:21 AM
What version of Maya are you using?

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 3 25-10-2003 , 07:20 PM
I'm using 5.0. I could really use your input. thanks.

# 4 26-10-2003 , 05:51 PM

...and that is how I saved the world.