Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 136 26-11-2003 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
Great job Pony!
The hair is really working now, looks great!
The textures are looking much better too.
Just a personal preference, but I'd be tempted to dot a few more of those dapple spots around his body, just to break up the evenness of the rest of the texture.

Well done mate user added image

# 137 26-11-2003 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber
Kurt thanks, the eyes are just procedural. I plan on replacing them with textures and better geo.. noteing the hoofs.. will do.. I'll leave you a note when I get that taken care of.

IceQueen, thanks. I think it might be the camara angle. When I get back to tweeking the body a little if I have time I will duble cheak the legs.. might have messed something up there..

Chris, yeah I want more dapples around on it.. but I got real tyred of the textures when I was trying to get the fur on right.. I'm sure it will start to anoy me to the point of going after more dots sometime soon though..

I'm feeling a little tyred of this model at the moemnt.. I probly just need a nap..

# 138 26-11-2003 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber
Great stuff Pony, would agree that you need something to breakup the texture a bit.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 139 26-11-2003 , 11:11 PM
Kevin
cool!

hair better and textures much improved... back leg looks a little off, but it may actually be like that in life. but your going well pony

# 140 27-11-2003 , 12:37 AM
Hey Pony, user added image
overall,... the horse's model is awesome.. (I really like the tail!!)
however... I like the eyes black... this would give her... ummm.... some unnatural.. look (which would be cooler... ... I think :p )
and finaly.. what disturbes me a little is... it's hair on the neck.. and the head... I mean.. it looks (to me) a bit flattened... don't you think? I would add some strokes of hair in different directions.. you know... spike em up... user added image ('cause if you don't ... lol.. I would think you applied some 'gell-effect'.. user added image )
but overall... I say again... you horse Rules!.. :headbang:
chears user added image

# 141 27-11-2003 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber
ok.. Lonepig, thanks for the props on the texture needing more brake up.. it's on the to do list for sure.. thanks for the visit also..

Kevin, cool you dropped buy. yeah thanks to you and icqQueen, I took a closer look. even got out the measuring stick in photoshop and did some comparison to the horse on the film. wish I had thought of doing it like this before.. I broke it down to percentages on the bone length and compared that to my model.. they are off.. I will be getting to that shortly.. I'v got a nice tweak list going hear..

Lsphinx.. thanks man.. yeah the hair could use another layer.. I'm just trying to manage my time, as I really want to get to modeling Arwen. But the hair is on my todo list for sure.. I am not happy with it yet my self. Really crappie smooth shading on PFX hair.. I think I might have a work around. I’m still debating about the eye color, so I’m noting your vote.. LOL

Thanks all for the C+C and wonderful comments.. really helps me get past tiredness. (depression, other crap in life)

Kurt working on the eyes.. I replaced the procedural with a file texture.. was the only way I could get a horse shaped iris, that I know... I probably need to work on the color some more.. but the problem is I'm undecided about the eye color.. I am leaning with blue, like a Appaloosa horse.. but maybe dark brown or black would look better.. (shrugs)

Attached Images
# 142 27-11-2003 , 07:00 AM
pony
it looks a bit squeezed from side in the sketch itself, i think the horse is much more in length
aNIL

# 143 27-11-2003 , 07:57 AM
Very beautiful modelling and texturing Pony, especially when you're on a time budget for this competition.

One thing that would add a more organic feel to your horse is to add subtle pink areas around nose/eyes/mouth and subtle brown areas around the legs/ joints..

cause right now it does look too perfect...... of course if that's the look you're trying for then forget my suggestion.

Great Job man! keep at it cause it'll be great in the end.

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 144 27-11-2003 , 10:56 AM

So Proud

:love: :love: :love: :love:

When I see Ponys work getting such great responses I am so proud of him. .:thumbsup:
When he uses Maya, his drawing board with that cool pen, PhotoShop, and a few other ones I can not remember the names of... He has them spread out all over his desk top. He just winds his way from here to there and back again like he has done this all his adult life.

(I get dizzy just watching him) user added image

I want to thank, from the depths of my heart, all of you that C&C his work and help him learn so he can keep improving.

This is an aspect of him that is absof__kinglutly so extremely important to the quality of his life.

Having other people in our life like the "kiddies" (giggles) here is one of this lives mysterious and joyful surprises.

Blessed Be to all of you. user added image user added image :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.

Last edited by PonysGirl; 27-11-2003 at 10:58 AM.
# 145 27-11-2003 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
Kurt, hear is the better hoofs.. corected the color some and added some bump. There is a wierd ring around the top. Its a artifact from texture swim when I smooth. I'm still going to be tweeking the unsmoothed one so I thought it pointless to tweek out the swim on the UV's yet.. I will get that.. also I was thinking about adding some more PFX hair around the hoofs anyway for some fethering.

Attached Images
# 146 27-11-2003 , 05:41 PM
Comming along nice... the hoves still have to much shine and need a bit more bump. Have you done a spec map yet?

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 147 27-11-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
anilchhetri, will be checking it out. Thanks for dropping buy.

rhaoosh, Thanks. I might add a little pink in the nose, dirt around the mouth.. bean working on the pink and darker spots on the eyes. and I agree need to brake things up some around the hoofs..

also I need to make some color modifications on parts of the fur because it thins and changes color some in areas..

Pony'sGirl.. Blush..:bow: :love:

# 148 27-11-2003 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Kurt. cool. did ya see the eyes ?? what do you think about them ? wandering because I"m still so blah, about the color. ok.. cheek about the shine, more bump.. working.. and the spec.. well its add hock off the bump at the moment I think. are you thinking I should take the spec off the hoofs completely ?? I'm thinking so..

I quick update.. I went ahead and corrected UV's

Attached Images
# 149 27-11-2003 , 06:06 PM
I think the eyes are comming, just need some more spec to bring out the roundness of the eye its self. The hove I would still leave a bit of a spec and try and dirty them up a bit they look a bit to plastic at the moment.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 150 27-11-2003 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
little update.

Attached Images