Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 91 23-11-2003 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
Witchy your right there on the spot when something might be needed.. I would love to have a look at them.

I made the one that I used for this. Kinda reminds me of painting with the cheepest brush from a tempra kit.. LOL

# 92 23-11-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Pleasure, hope you enjoy them; one of the nice things about a site like this is when you find something jolly you can share it. user added image

Attached Files
File Type: zip hairy.zip (3.3 KB, 139 views)
# 93 23-11-2003 , 04:54 AM
**Proud smile**
I know little about the technical aspects of Maya... but I do know good work and my Pony does very good work... ROCK on BABY!!!!!

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 94 23-11-2003 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Witchy.
and of corse THanks PonysGirl. (smuch)

I rendered and seen this..

I was like WOW... druled some also.. said "did I do that ??"

to me it looks real. although it lacks dapelding color.. a few little problems but eazy to fix..

I thought I would see what you all say just in case I"m being biosed some how..

C+C the crap out of it please.

Attached Thumbnails
# 95 23-11-2003 , 07:37 AM
Subscriber
WOW!
Hard to fault really, very nice.
The only thing I could say is watch out for the sparse gaps, like in the centre of the face between the nose and the eyes, and it just seems to blur out around the top of the eye. A little distance from it, like on the neck, and it does indeed look very real!

Great job, keep it up!

# 96 23-11-2003 , 03:20 PM
fan....tas....tic.... wow!

# 97 23-11-2003 , 04:26 PM
Real Nice!

Keep up the good work! user added image

# 98 23-11-2003 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
It's a beautiful thing man user added image

I can see, when I first saw your sketches, you they looked like drawings by someone that has been 'Into' horses, Obviously your nick gives a strong hint aswell user added image but I wonder do you work with horses? or just "Love em to bits" ? or (C) - 'None of the above' .

Hmm, so far I have been such a 'noob' I have refrained from posting comments about peoples work, so forgive me if i'm wrong, but upon looking at the close-up of the head.
The main thing that struck me as a 'bit' out is - when you look at the area between the eyes and nostrils, they are very 'boney' and usually have a sort of slightly pronounced ridge running down each side... remember - when you stroke them, it feels like stroking a sort of hairy block of wood ? Hmm maybe thats just my medication... user added image
Sorta like two ridges - pretty straight and dipping towards centre.. If you look at the piccy of the horse on page ? of your thread, even though its looking ahead you can see it.
You have done is slighly, but IMHO it needs tweaking a bit more, a bit more squarish, looking through all the Post - I see it is Ok but it looks? like it has lost it now?

Excellent model. user added image Cheers user added image

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 23-11-2003 at 09:45 PM.
# 99 23-11-2003 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber
Hey Pony,
my last post was perhaps a bit lame, just looking for anything that may help user added image
One thought I did have was (you probably thought of this allready) to use your bump map as a base for the specular map and really bring out some subtle highlights on the hair. Would really aid the realism I think.

Looking forward to the next update!

# 100 24-11-2003 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
Hay there Chris.. thanks for the wow.. yeah it seems to blur under the eyes. And there is that stretch in the texture in the middle side of the face. Both are from texture swimming when I smooth the horse and the UV’s smooth linearly. I have a plan to take care of that but I’m not ready to start tweaking the UV’s at that level. I knew it would happen but when I seen that I was like WTF ? LOL. Your last post was not lame! Yes. That’s a good point about the spec and I will be using it. Yep. Actually I’m painting the fur in the bump map first, and duplicating with some modifications for the color. Really its giving me a bit of trouble as I’m having problems changing the color of the hairs. But anyway.. I will fix that.. its taking so long, and I think the fur is a bit to sparse. I’m looking in to other methods to make the texture now.. do you think using the bump for also the defuse would be over kill ?

Zykotik ! GreyFox.. thanks.. (grins)

Oh Scraggy_Dogg, I wished I worked or had horses right now. Yeah I really love them. I will have some, someday soon. Hay don’t worry about the noob, I love C+C and if I think its off I will just explain why. So.. Your right about the boniness on the face. I was trying for the softness in the nose and it kind of crept along up the face.. LOL also, I didn’t tweak as much as I could have. I have bean trying to not be such the perfectionist at the moment so I could make sure I get things done that need to be before the challenge end. Also I thought when I put the fur or the texture map on it, that it would change some how it looked and responded to the light. I am definitely noting your comments though and will go back to the face and see what I can work out with it. Good call !

# 101 24-11-2003 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber
With the diffuse map I'd be tempted to use a combination of the bump (due to less colour leaving the deeper recesses) and a desaturated version of your colour map. I'd experiment with either the level settings, brightness and contrast to achieve a nice balance before any extra painting on the map.

Sorry to hear about the texture swimming, that's a real pain. Hope you get it sorted without to much aggravation.

# 102 24-11-2003 , 10:38 AM
Subscriber
Cool tip there Chris.. will play with the defuse soon now I think.

Started with a little spec on this one..user added image

I increased the tightness of the fur on this one. user added image Although the last one looked so good, it looked a little to shaggy. user added image

See what you think of the new one.. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 103 24-11-2003 , 10:44 AM
Subscriber
Oh yes. BTW if anyone has any tips on how to color and lower the Luminance of only the white hairs please let me know.. I'll be trying to get it out rather soon so don't delay.

edit. yeah the black on the nose is a little to dark now.. on that,.

Last edited by Pony; 24-11-2003 at 10:47 AM.
# 104 24-11-2003 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
Dunno when i last got up close to a horse but the previous fur looked great i thought, although the area around the nostrils as the fur fades away looks far more realistic in this last pic.
I guess though looking at some of the talent at this site your going all out for super realism which is beyond my knowledge to give advice but that is a superb looking model there, gotta be one of the hardest things to model too i woulda thought im really impressed.
I really look forward to seeing how this and the rest of the models progress...never ceases to amaze me what u guys can create from nothing.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 105 24-11-2003 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber