Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 121 25-11-2003 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
Chris, it dose look a little bit like that don't it.. I think its the textures, and the pose.. LOL I will see what all I can do on the texture.. but I'm getting in to the paintFX for the main. I'm haveing a hard time with it.. I meen I got it to make the hair fine.. but the shadows are driving me nuts.. its makeing the hair look like its 8" away from the side of the neak when its only like 1/2" might post a update with it soon.

about the textues.. I'm thinking about aplying somekind of distace filter to one of the channels.. like bump.. and also useing a layer in PS to filter out some of the bump on the fur in places.. as it is the fur is a eaven deapth all over. not right.. LOL (shakes head)

Last edited by Pony; 25-11-2003 at 03:04 PM.
# 122 25-11-2003 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
there is something wierererrerddd.. going on with this!!!. toke the midDmap off the lights.. yuck !!

and what apendige do I need to cut off to get the paint FX hair to antialias!

Attached Thumbnails
# 123 25-11-2003 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
Just an idea, if you were to replace the ponys body surface texture with a simple flat texture for one render, would you see the same aliasing of the hair?

It looks to me that you may have a situation where the fine, slightly-off-vertical hair placed over the fine fur texture may be causing an interference pattern. Reminds me of what happens when someone on TV wears a shirt with fine vertical stripes.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...

Last edited by rich; 25-11-2003 at 04:15 PM.
# 124 25-11-2003 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber
Sorry for the double post... but if you look at the hair at the very top, which is not against the body texture, it looks nicely anti-aliased.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 125 25-11-2003 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the ideas Huxley. but its not the texture on the horse. and up top its still not antialiased good.. it just looks better becouse its at angles up there whare aliasing artifacts don't show much.
I am still working on it.. that wierd paterin is not a problem now.. but the shadows being off real bad and the antialiasing on the hair is..

# 126 26-11-2003 , 12:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey Pony,

Just had a thought about the ailiasing on the hair. Sometimes when you produce something on screen that is less than a pixel in size it can produce a moire effect and can kind of strobe. It just looks to me that the hairs maybe too fine and you may have to increase their width a little.
I could be way off there, but I have seen similar things happen before. Best of luck with it.
The hair is very nice btw.

# 127 26-11-2003 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
Hay Chris, its comeing alone some. Yeah I am getting it more on target now. I have the hair width buffed up a little and it seems to be helping some.. it will be ok in the end though. if I cant kill the aliasing I will nuke it with a seprat render at duble res, and filter it and resize in PS..

Oh you like the hair on that one.. Thanks! I'm hopping for better.. I'm finding the paintFX much eazyer to get results from than fur.. or at least it seems that way.. haven't done a one to one comparison yet though. don't have time.. learning so much new stuff.

Chris I apriceat you keeping close watch hear and all the helpfull coments.. (and you putting up with my bad spelling)

# 128 26-11-2003 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
Got it hanging nice and looking good, how about making it a little thicker as in more of it.

# 129 26-11-2003 , 05:34 AM
Pony's horse RULES!!!!... lol

# 130 26-11-2003 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber
IceQueen, cool. yeah sounds good. I'm heading back that way fast. I desided to redo it. It was eazyer than moving the curve points, etc. I have it much more how I want now..

LSphinx.. love your coments..LOL

# 131 26-11-2003 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber
ok hear is a update.. I'm not compleatly happy with the hair up on top of the head going twords the frunt. but I think I am close now..

Please C+C the crap out of it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 132 26-11-2003 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
trying to figer out how to make a brush out of my settings..

edit:
that was simple.

Last edited by Pony; 26-11-2003 at 03:28 PM.
# 133 26-11-2003 , 05:33 PM
Subscriber
I thought every one could get a much better idea if the horse had its tail..

Still some tweeks I probly should do.. but I think I will get back to the leg untill I get some C+C on the hairs..

Attached Thumbnails
# 134 26-11-2003 , 05:52 PM
Very nice pony. eye color and hove color are the only areas the need some attention

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 135 26-11-2003 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
Looks really good user added image Nice job. Just one thing, back legs look a little out of proportion; top part of leg looks too thick and the bottom half between foot and knee looks a bit short. Could also be your canera angle. Looking at it again, maybe it's the part on the opposite side of the knee that needs to come in a little. Apart from that, Perfect !