Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-11-2003 , 08:21 PM

OK here goes newbie question

I have just gotten Maya 4.5 all i could afford at moment.
I am trying to work with avi and motion picture work.
My question is this, I wish to have an image plane be of not an image but of an actual avi so that i can then create a video scene over it incorporating the two scenes is this possible?
I know in true space it will allow me to have an avi running as the background whil i creat an animation over it. I just think maya is 100 times the program for 3d than true space hence the question.
Thanks in advance.

I hope at some point to get involved with the competitions and interaction with the group so any help on how Id appreciate
again still learning Maya here
pup

# 2 27-11-2003 , 06:48 PM
yeah you can but I've never managed to get it working. You can simply apply the avi as a movie texture in the hypershade an d then apply it to a poly or nurbs plane.

That's probably the easiest way to do it.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 27-11-2003 , 07:46 PM
Raunch, can you clarify if you're trying to make an animated texture or if you're trying to bring in source video footage for reference to build a scene? For example, if you're modeling a tv, you can map an animated texture to the screen as pure_morning suggested.

On the other hand, if you're trying to bring in reference footage to build your models to, you would more-than-likely use Maya live (if you have 4.5 unlimited) or other matchmoving software.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 29-11-2003 , 05:38 PM

thanx

I got it to work with help of Mike McKinley's tutorial thanks all

# 5 05-12-2003 , 05:49 PM
Maya Live will be the best procedure