Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 08-01-2004 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
hear ya go.. chatting about it in IRC..

<<<oversized image removed>>>

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:03 AM.
# 32 10-01-2004 , 07:03 PM
Here, I've been active (ahum, not been having a lot of time) on the cleaning. Here are some things to compare user added image. BTW: I seem to have lost the middle ring, on the lowest part of the round tower part, wich held windows and some rings.... I should be more carefull in the future user added image. And I didn't expect cleaning to take such an amount of time user added image

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:02 AM.
# 33 10-01-2004 , 07:06 PM
Sorry bout the size, but I had to this time user added image How can I delete attachments in posts btw? Man, this sucks. other people in the WIP forum always have it finished, in nice textures and when they have the same post count in a thread as I do in this one..... I guess I'm slow as hell, as wel as lazy user added image user added image.

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:02 AM.
# 34 10-01-2004 , 09:03 PM
Can anyone help me with the textures, I'm trying to have 3 of em ready:
1: A hard dark rock, reflective, as if the tower was carved from it, no stones.
2: A marble white thing, also without stones.
3: A large bouldered, marble Ànd black rock tower user added image.
So does anyone know how to get a texture bumpy enough to seem 'spikey', and with a non-continuing reflection ( ever seen a rock have the same reflection at every corner? user added image ). I just had a wonderfull wall but I accidentely reloaded the scene again and now I'm stuck without bumping / displacement again. How to connect such things in the hypershade? :bgreen: :bgreen:

# 35 11-01-2004 , 12:01 AM
dirack. every one of your images is different sizes. can you not render or take a screen shot that is 640x480 or lower?

In the render globals, set the render szie to 640x480. If it's a screen shot, in photoshop choose IMAGE - IMAGE SIZE and make it 640x480.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 36 11-01-2004 , 11:21 AM
Sorry sorry, the last 2 images had to be, the rest was better off removed user added image. I'm not a total idiot, so I know the render globals work. :bgreen: Don't quote me on that if I'm being an idiot again btw:bgreen: a shame some over the general views were deleted, it would be nice to check what steps I had taken at the end user added image But and texturing tips people?