Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-12-2003 , 08:31 PM

Demo Reel

I have a question concerning demo reels. We have to do an internship for our final semester here at school, and i have contacted places and they asked for me to send them demo reels. At the time i didn't have anything to send them but now i have 2 pieces that are done. Is that enough stuff to send to someone for them to look at? Because i know they don't want you to send WIP's.

Also my things aren't animated or anything, there just stills, so if i did put them on a demo reel, would you revolve around them, or just post pics of the rendered images?

# 2 03-12-2003 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
I would revolve around them. Show a transition from like the wire to the smooth. Would be much more intresting for them than just a still.

# 3 03-12-2003 , 11:50 PM
Turntables of wireframe and shaded meshes are good. A few closeups probably wouldn't hurt either, especially since you don't have any animated material.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 04-12-2003 , 01:13 AM
Thanks for the replies Pony and Dany.

Also do you just put it on a regular VHS tape, or is there a certain kind that you should buy?

# 5 04-12-2003 , 01:19 AM
Get the shortest VHS tape you can find. A 10 or 15 minutes tape is good. You can find them at most video production stores.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 04-12-2003 , 03:28 AM
Pherbis,
normal VHS tape for all places unless they say specifically that DVD or anything else is ok. Good luck on the internship, hope you get it!

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 7 04-12-2003 , 05:15 AM
Thanks Guys!! user added image