Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-12-2003 , 07:06 PM

Lip sync Playblast done for oger

Played alot more wiht the curve editor, he seem to be more relaxed and smooth now.

Attached Files
File Type: zip ogertalkf.zip (937.9 KB, 167 views)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 19-12-2003 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
it is indeed very fluid, but it seems to be a bit out of sync, the phonemes seem to enunciate the the the words "just a bit after the are heard (IMHO)

BTW, a different voice would suit this character nicer .. (although this is just a test :p )
Gr8 job on the overall deformation of the eyes as it talks. i think this the most improtant part when animating lipsync, because in real life ppl do not stare at ur mouth, rather it is your facial expressions that help to dictate the words.

Great jobuser added image

# 3 19-12-2003 , 07:23 PM

Great animation

Damn, how long did this took- animating setting keys?

Very very great Job.

# 4 19-12-2003 , 08:18 PM
Thanks for the crits.

I played with him some more wiht the mouth shapes and the look part of the talk. Add some more movement as well.

trpower its about 7, 9 hours after all the fine tweaking.

Attached Files
File Type: zip ogertalkf2.zip (960.6 KB, 154 views)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 19-12-2003 , 09:59 PM
Hey Kurt,

That is awesome! I envy you! Are you going further than these Yoda lines with him?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 19-12-2003 , 10:18 PM
Looks good, but I'm having a problem with the "nine hundred" and the "hmmm" at the end. His lips need to round out the R more in "hundred" and his mouth needs to close a bit sooner on the "hmm". other than that, looks mighty good. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 7 19-12-2003 , 11:33 PM
kb thanks mate.... hes my best lip sync to date. I have him in animation that i think you have seen before. The baseball oger, but that was done before the new texture job and blendshapes.
How things on your end your mel project?

Dave thanks for the input I played some more with the R and hmm shapes, I'll render him out tonight so see it wiht motion blur. I need to move on to some character animation.

Attached Files
File Type: zip ogertalkf3.zip (960.6 KB, 155 views)

# 8 20-12-2003 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
that is friggin awesome!

# 9 20-12-2003 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber

that is friggin awesome!

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!

great job

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 10 20-12-2003 , 02:55 AM
Thanks guys rendering him out now=)

# 11 20-12-2003 , 03:09 AM
The Maya Mountain
Looks nice! My biggest problems would be I think his head kinda moves too much. The corners of his mouth seem a little pinched. And his eyes don't seem to express too much. They stay pretty much at the same openness throughout, except, of course, when he blinks and toward the end.

Overall, nice job. user added image

# 12 20-12-2003 , 03:34 AM
Thanks Mike... I took out some of the movment in his head...

Attached Files
File Type: zip ogertalkf4.zip (952.3 KB, 157 views)

# 13 20-12-2003 , 03:39 AM
Subscriber
I like this one better than #3. the head doesnt move as much. Yes this one.

I had to play both back to back several times to get that assesment

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 14 20-12-2003 , 04:02 AM
The Maya Mountain
I might be getting a bit nitpicky, but just telling you like I see it. user added image

I like the less movement, but right now, it looks kinda... hmm... "floaty" I suppose is a word. Perhaps look at yourself in the mirror when you say the line?

Other than that, I think some head emphasis on the word "you" in "when you reach" would be cool.

Looking good!

# 15 20-12-2003 , 05:19 AM
Ya might be a bit floaty but than again its just a head=) I added a bit up down to act like you chest dipping up and down as you would talk maybe make them a bit sharper movments. I'll play with the emphasis on the word "you" tomorrow.

Thanks bud