Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-03-2014 , 11:48 PM

Exporting as Collada with lights

I need to export a model from Maya as a dae, but when I do so I get the following error message:

The plug-in does not support the following light types: Ambient light(|ambientLight1) will be exported as an inactive point light with the Visibility value set to off.

The result is that my model shows up black when I bring it into my AR program. I have been able to export it as an obj with light, but then when I try to convert it to dae using the fbx converter, it seems to lose the information it needs to attach the texture to the model, result, model shows up black.

Is there a plugin which will export my model as a dae with the light, or else some way to convert to a dae after the fact that retains the information necessary to keep the texture properly placed?

# 2 29-03-2014 , 02:23 AM

Update

So, I found an open collada plugin that is supposed to export lights, it said it was compatible with 2014, but when I try and load it, it says it is incompatible. It will load into 2013, but all my work was done in 2014, so my model won't load into 2013.

HELP.