Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 26-08-2003 , 05:12 AM
I recently purchased a Sony Vaio from Comp USA for around a little over $2000 US. But trust me it has everything I need on it. It has a 2.8 GHz processor and 60 GB of hard drive. I don't remember the video card but I think it's either a Radeon 9600 or a GeForce 4. I had to get Microsoft Office and that was a little extra.

# 32 26-08-2003 , 03:59 PM
SM Alumni
If you want battery life go with a Toshiba Tecra S1, around $2300 w/ cdrw - dvd rom. Although you will have to add some more ram to it as it only has 256MB.

If you want raw horse power get a Eurocom note book. You can basically put anything you want in the thing, and get up to a 16" screen. Then are the tank of laptops though. (and get kinda pricey)

"You know you've done your job right when nobody notices"

"Don't quote me boy cause I ain't said sh*t"