Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 20-09-2011 , 07:06 PM
Hehe...thanks guys. Colors are not final and im not sure if it should go juicy or a bit decent and desaturated.
Regarding the chair...it will come..but only for me..I dont want customers in my dream office user added image !

# 17 21-09-2011 , 05:59 AM
Lifetime Member
okk.. thts also cool only personal matters in your dream office user added image.

# 18 22-09-2011 , 03:23 PM
A bit more. Not sure how much more details I should do. Not sure if I want to keep my desk clean or not.

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 22-09-2011 , 04:25 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looks gorgeous. I'd say that the city looks too uniform in its shape, in that the cityline gradually goes up and then comes back down. It makes it look more like it was built on a hill than that there are taller buildings "downtown". Anyway, not sure if that's what you're going for.

# 20 22-09-2011 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
The chair and the desk look pretty awesome.
I do wonder how you'd get electricity to your desk, unless you don't need electricity at all. or perhaps the tree would include solar cells.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 21 23-09-2011 , 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
Is it kinda like that FBI agent's office in Heavy Rain where he just puts on his shades and he gets dumped into a virtual environment of your choice? They were too awesome.

- Genny
# 22 23-09-2011 , 07:08 AM
Thanks guys for the crit.

@Stwert you are right, it is a hill. I have pulled the center of the city more up since I actually wanted the downtown district higher than the suburban ones. Maybe I could have given the ground a bit more variation but the issue here was, that I wanted to small scale of the city to mimic far distance. Maybe I still kann pull some parts a bit more up and down.
Thanks for the hint user added image

@ No electricity, no work in my office. Thats what we sometimes dream about during work, isn´t it? Sometimes we want to escape and I tried basically a "NOT-TOO-FAR-AWAY-ESCAPE" user added image Its at least far away to feel comfortable...imho. at least.

@GecT It could be any office actually. But looking at the scene and reading "FBI" actually could fit quite well. user added image Maybe some shades and a trenchcoat? Not sure about the trenchcoat, since it would go a different direction, but maybe some shades could work. user added image

# 23 25-09-2011 , 08:04 AM
What time does the contest end on Monday actually? Cant find something about that?

# 24 25-09-2011 , 04:57 PM
Administrator

What time does the contest end on Monday actually? Cant find something about that?

My mistake, I should have posted up a thread on it a few days ago but I forgot. Here's the thread for final entries and we extended the deadline to Friday evening to give everyone enough time to finish their renders.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 25 29-09-2011 , 12:16 PM
Alrighty, so here are my (I think) last WIP´s. I think Im so far quite happy with the result but I´ll not submit till tomorrow...maybe some bits and pieces will change in post.
Hmm...what to tell, I called it Open Office, since it IS an open office and just like the software, this office is free for everyone. user added image

Ive set up some renderlayers for post and stuff which you can see here in my screenshot.

C&C is welcome of course.

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 29-09-2011 , 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Ohh I like! I'm really digging the shader work. The only thing that bugs me is the shadowing on the tree trunk, it doesn't seem to synch up with the lighting conditions.

- Genny
# 27 29-09-2011 , 01:19 PM
Thank you, Ive got a Spot light at the left side, basically lighting the tree and the left side of the desk. But most of the tree lighting was made in Post, since my displacement and texture did not come out as good as I thought, so that then need to be fixed, if it is that obvious user added image !

# 28 29-09-2011 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
that's quite insane! very impressive

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D