Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 19-06-2004 , 11:26 PM
nice , and i can get xp pro user added image corporate edition i think,

o and i dont get your metahpor
"also £'s or $'s are a good incentive"

and i dont have a clue what incentive means user added image

# 17 20-06-2004 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jango
Hey Guys....
But.... at the end of the day its the artist that count not his tools.

_J

Well, i 'm going to disagree with your statement here... although yea, people say that to put an end asonine app wars,
but u cannot seriously say that it's the artist and not his tools.
with out the right tools, no matter how great an artist is his work might be crap.
it's like saying, yea, i can do in bryce what maya can, or i'll use strata3d do make some cool fx or crowd simulation... or make a "cool" animation in max without using any plugins! (and i quote cool)
at the end of the day, it is the right tools that will get an artist's hardwork noticed. u need the right renderer, u need the right UVtools and modeling tools, u need the right paint package, u need the right soft body simulation etc...
let's just say each app has their fair share of Pros and Cons.

and yes i beleive Mirai is still around.

# 18 20-06-2004 , 09:39 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Rotbol

Cheers Dude, I saw a thread on Spiraloid that mentioned it right after I wrote on this one, typical!!!

_J

# 19 20-06-2004 , 09:28 PM
i got that book the art of maya today user added image looks great as it goes about 3d techniques and doesnt just tell you how you can do it . it explains everything.

also i said the front cover was from "LOM" but i skim read through the book and noticed it was vabarent story.

i havent yet got win xp but it is on its way. so ill have to format my hard drive as i have got 80gig of scattered files everywhere. which will take me about 2 week to sort through and put everything on disk so hopefully i should be on maya then.

also i have noticed that in this book there is often the star effect with about 7 connections, i always get the star effect and cannot fix it , and it didnt look like it had an effect on the render in maya.

the scenes in maya look amaseing. especially the textures. for like reflection maps etc. i am looking forward to that. but the textures look very complecated to do compaired to lightwave but looks like you can make very high detail with it.