Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-06-2005 , 03:14 PM

firering batch rendering wont work

Hi
I followed the Fire ring tutorial and managed to render a frame successfully (great tutorial btw user added image ). Since it was animated, I thought Ill render it as an animation. However, i cant seem to render anything animated. Ive searched the board and followed the rendering tutorial but it still didnt work. I have 120 frames which I set in the Render Global place. Image format is targa, and set as name.#.ext. Im rendering all and the camera is persp (Default since thats what view I was animating in). The frame paddiing I used was 3. I close this window, and go to Render......Batch Render. In the bottom right hand corner it says "Rendering using Maya software" then almost instanslty it changes to " Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information." However, when I go to my file directory I only have 1 TGA file (which is just black. Im assuming thats because the first frame is black and thats all it rendered). Any ideas? I also noticed when I load the file (FireRing.mb) I get this message in the bottom right hand corner."
Warning: line 1: Cycle on 'FireparticleShape.fireScale' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
Thanks for any help. (apologies for the long post....just wanted to make sure all the info was there user added image)

# 2 09-06-2005 , 04:13 PM
Well i'm going to ask you what may seem like a stupid question at first but i know i did it the first time i tried that tutorial - have you told it the start and end frame numbers?

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 3 09-06-2005 , 05:02 PM

Originally posted by niobi xd
Well i'm going to ask you what may seem like a stupid question at first but i know i did it the first time i tried that tutorial - have you told it the start and end frame numbers?

lol yup. I put 1 (then pressed ENTER) for the start, and 120 (ENTER) for the end frame.

# 4 09-06-2005 , 10:55 PM
cool...just checking user added image

Could you please post a screen shot of your render globals? Sounds like you've got everything set properly.

- stace

# 5 10-06-2005 , 11:44 AM
Attached:

Attached Images
# 6 10-06-2005 , 12:18 PM
ok thats all fine.

does the animation works in the perspective view in maya for you?

are you looking in the right directory of where it should be saving the files to?

how have you set your project up?...have u set it up to using defaults etc?

if this still doesn't solve anything...let me know if u use some sort of IM client and we'll see what we can work out.

# 7 10-06-2005 , 08:20 PM
Hi
Im not sure if I have started a project. All I did was start Maya and do the tutorial. Ive got exams at the moment so Ill probably leave this for a while, and after that, if I havent found a solution Ill let you know user added image. If you have any ideas feel free to post.
Thanks for the all the help, I appreciate it user added image
EDIT: Yup all the defaults are used and I am looking in the right directory because the first frame is always present.

# 8 11-06-2005 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber
If I were you, I'd click Batch Render then open up the script editor to see when it's done. Then make sure you are looking in the right directory.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 9 08-10-2005 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
had the same issue and it rendered when I select Render => render using => Mental Ray

# 10 09-10-2005 , 11:20 PM
You have to change it from rendering a single frame to rendering multiple frames and then you have to change the output files from tiff to .mov or .avi