Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-11-2005 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber

Any CG mags available?

Are there any monthly/ weekly CG magazines available for subscription? As I'm just getting my head around the basics of Maya and would really like a further understanding of the CG world without asking millions of mundane questions on here and then forget the answer in a week or so time.

Thanks.

P.s Preferably a magazine that is readily available in the UK

Apologies for the repeat post, I was not sure which area to post in.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 02-11-2005 , 01:40 PM
SM Tea Boy
Computer Arts is a nice mag user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 02-11-2005 , 04:35 PM
Subscriber
If you want a CG magazine, go with 3D World. It's an excellent magazine, and most issues cover Maya in some form or another.

Computer Arts, on the other hand, hardly ever covers 3D (I subscribed for a year, and there was only about 2 3D tutorials).

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 4 02-11-2005 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
ya. 3d world rocks..

# 5 02-11-2005 , 07:06 PM
HDRI 3D is good also. Used to be Lightwave magazine but now covers all software....I've seen some great maya tuts in there over the past few months. When in doubt, it seems all the UK magazines for 3D, design, music, etc seem better and have more meat to them than the american ones which are too few and far between....and yes, I'm an american. The downside is you end up paying $15 for the mags since they're imported.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 03-11-2005 , 12:12 AM
3D World covers 3D.

Computer Arts covers generally most stuff but tends to have a slight focus on graphics design and illustration.

There's also "Computer Arts Projects", which is a monthly magazine focusing on a specific subject, be it building a portfolio, photo manipulation etc.

There's another one called Digit, which is similar to Computer Arts.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 7 04-11-2005 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
i read this thread then went to whsmiths on the way home from school to get a copy of 3d world - but i was shcoked at the price
£6 for a mag WTF is gonin on here???????

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973