Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-12-2011 , 04:38 AM
Subscriber

Humvee

Still working on the texturing and lighting.. apparently I need to learn HDRI indirect light..

But may pause here and use this to go back to the blocky form and experiment with normal mapping.. on the tires and hood.

Plan to rig it as well. Can anyone point me in the direction to learn how to script wheels to move <up and down incline and left and right?> May just end up using Craft Animator but would rather know how to do it by hand w.o a plugin.

next image will have basic texturing (basic I mean no UV mapping involved)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-12-2011 , 04:39 AM
Subscriber
failing on the texturing and lighting here. gonna scrap the lighting and redo it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 14-12-2011 , 07:30 AM
The thin red line

# 4 14-12-2011 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber

Thats looking good Ataraxy, theres a good tutorial for rigging this at 3D Buz.........dave

https://www.stevenhughes.dsl.pipex.com/tutorials.html

Great looking out sir!

This just may be what i'm looking for.. and $15 for all that content is a steal!

much thanks for the link

# 5 14-12-2011 , 04:50 PM
Simply Maya OG
Ground needs some depth/bump/displacement mapping. Modelling looks top notch, though. Looking good!

- Hybrid