Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-07-2005 , 10:11 AM

July/Aug - dochogan - Let's see...

First post. Meh. Hello, and stuff user added image

Starting this thread to work out ideas, and post updates, on my July/Aug entry.

This will actually be my first attempt at a completed project of *any* kind in Maya, plus there's not much time left 'til the deadline! Yikes!

Well, even though it's my first ever 'real' Maya project, I *really* hope to be able to enter the "Normal"-level contest, as I *really* want a tablet! user added image

I have a few ideas already, but I don't want to let the cat outta the bag too soon...I'll run through a few proof-of-concept setups first, to see which I like best. Then I'll start updating on progress.

Good luck to everyone! (but especially ME! user added image )

Doc Hogan

# 2 18-07-2005 , 12:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
welcome aboard! user added image

# 3 18-07-2005 , 03:05 PM
Thanks for the greets, mtmckinley!

Well, I know what concept I'm gonna run with user added image And for the premise of Fear and Loathing, but especially fear, I found a fundamental terror to deal with as shown by our "hero" (who is actually 'off camera' while still being the focus of the piece). Loathing comes from the nemesis, loathing our hero, and all those like him.

Our hero, you see, is Tommy. Tommy is 8 years old. And Tommy has a tooth cavity.

<shudder>

The scene is of a dental surgeons office, from behind Tommy's eyes. The dentist, and elderly gentleman with little patience for children who don't brush their teeth, who want candy every time they come to the office, who tear up the magazines and leave messes all over...well....they *are* loathsome creatures after all, aren't they? These sniveling brats.

Tommy is unaware of these feelings directed at him; his focus is *entirely* on the (seemingly) MONSTROUS, screaming dental drill inches from his face, hungering to bury itself in hard calcium and soft decay.

So, that's the setup. BTW...the dentist's name is Dr. Payne. When I was a kid, my mom's dentist (and therefore mine) was *actually* named Dr. Paine...that was unhappy for me user added image

Here's a (really bad!) concept sketch:
https://dochogan.com/gallery/g2data/a...ncept1_web.png