Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-07-2005 , 01:21 AM

July/Aug - Noob - Bubbleme80

Fear and Loathing: (n) A state inspired by the prospect of
dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous.

English is my second language. Does Mike mean "Fear and Loathing" as the.. definition above, which i do not full grasp the meaning of? or does he mean "Fear (stuff that scares you) and "Loathing" (something you dislike)"?

The second one seems more artsy to be more personal, and easily understandable and explainable by artist... while the first one would be understandable by the viewer because it would be universal... to the ones who know what "Fear and Loathing" is.

Thx.. plz someone reply what he means by that.

# 2 02-07-2005 , 02:23 AM
The Maya Mountain
The theme is actually very loose and up to your own interpretation. You can take it very literally (as you have defined) or make it more surreal, or implied, or whatever. It's up to you.

Good luck!

# 3 02-07-2005 , 08:07 AM
Subscriber
L, I'm sure you'll have fun with the texture and lighting. Expect to see something really cool. The fish turned out great.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 04-07-2005 , 05:35 PM
Senior Software Developer
Have you seen the Film;

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

That is a film that looks at things a little surreal...

I cant wait to see your work, your last challenge turned out great

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 04-07-2005 , 09:10 PM
Like Mike said, you can interpret it how you like as long as the lighting supports the concept. Moody, emotive lighting is the goal of the challenge...fear, anxiety, loathing, etc...they all go hand in hand.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."