Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-09-2012 , 02:16 AM

how do i change hypershade colors?

i'm making a plane design and i'm stuck at hypershade. i'm using a Blinn with Ramp and everytime i assign the same color design to both engine caps, it assigns the opposite of what i want it to do on the other side. is there any way for me to fix this? thanks guys! i'm attaching the example of what i mean.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-09-2012 , 02:20 AM
EduSciVis-er
You'll have to make the changes to the ramp node in the Attribute Editor.

# 3 20-09-2012 , 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
The hypershade is an editor that provides a workspace for creating networks of nodes, and it's not limited to shading/texturing. What you're having a problem with is the texture that is plugged into a shader that is being used by your propeller geometry. If the instructor isn't going over this then it's a good idea to bone up on the basics, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

- Genny
# 4 20-09-2012 , 09:01 AM
The thin red line
Its possible that your normals or UVs are flipped on the duplicate, in the panel under lighting turn off "two sided lighting" if one of the meshes turns black it is flipped............dave

# 5 20-09-2012 , 07:00 PM

Its possible that your normals or UVs are flipped on the duplicate, in the panel under lighting turn off "two sided lighting" if one of the meshes turns black it is flipped............dave

you're a genius! they were flipped. i forgot i had to flip them because after turning off "Two sided Lighting" under the Lighting menu, some parts of the design turn black due to it being reversed. is there any way to fix this? i already tried (polygons) normals > reverse and (surfaces) edit nurbs > reverse surface direction and it'll just flip the ramps hypershade. any other way to solve this or is this normal?

# 6 20-09-2012 , 07:40 PM
The thin red line
TRy unlocking them first then reverse..............dave

# 7 20-09-2012 , 08:19 PM

TRy unlocking them first then reverse..............dave

how do i unlock them?

# 8 20-09-2012 , 08:56 PM
The thin red line
Should be under normals..............dave

# 9 21-09-2012 , 12:43 AM
i figured it out! what i did was, for the engine caps, since they are nurbs objects i had to do a "V reverse" on the object. i simply went into the Reverse Surface Direction options and changed it from U to V and it seemed to have flipped it just fine. thank you very much for all your help and replies guys! i may have more questions in the future, so stay tuned! lol. :-)