Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-06-2011 , 08:02 PM

image planes getting in the way

the images planes I have linked to my cameras have suddenly started getting in the way - as in, they're blocking my view of the manipulator handles. I've not noticed this problem til just now so I assume I've pressed something I shouldn't have... as usual :-\

# 2 18-06-2011 , 08:09 PM
it's ok I've sussed it -- I'd gone display>show>all - I've hidden the cameras again and all's good user added image for now!

# 3 18-06-2011 , 08:13 PM
scrub that - it's gone weird again. it seems limited to one camera tho...?

# 4 18-06-2011 , 10:50 PM
in the setttings for the image plane set the depth to a very large value... if your manipulators are further away from the camera than that depth they will be occluded.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 20-06-2011 , 12:51 PM

in the setttings for the image plane set the depth to a very large value... if your manipulators are further away from the camera than that depth they will be occluded.

thanks. I'll bear that in mind.
I seem to have fixed it for now by moving the plane behind the object rather than between object & camera.. strange tho; the other planes are set between and they're fine, it's just the side view. And even then it's only recently started playing up :-/