Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-01-2012 , 02:41 AM

Problem with rendering OS X

Hello everyone,
I have been using Maya 2012 for a few days now and I woke up this morning and when I render (not batch) it's just completely black, alpha doesn't show anything. I have deleted everything related to autodesk/maya on here and have reinstalled several times. I have tried to reset all the settings. I tried to uninstall it with the terminal as it shows in the mayainstall.png on page 29 but my terminal shows invalid arguments. I switched over to my windows partition and installed maya on there and it works perfectly (so it's not a hardware issue i don't think), however, I can't render projects that I made on the mac side (it just shows a black screen). Any suggestions I would rather just stay on Lion than switching back and fourth every time I want to use Maya.

Thanks,
Steven

# 2 10-01-2012 , 03:09 AM
The Nurb Herd
what are you rendering? did you try making a sphere and rendering that?

# 3 10-01-2012 , 06:25 PM
Technical Director
Make sure you're rendering out of the correct camera.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 15-01-2012 , 02:08 AM
I have tried rendering a sphere. and yes it is just under perspective for the view. I can render maybe 2 times but it is really dark and I can barely see the sphere. Then after those two times it will just render completely black, it also happens if I add another object into the scene.

# 5 15-01-2012 , 02:13 AM
and you can tell it's not even trying to render it just instantly goes black.