Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-09-2004 , 10:22 AM

animate C to go along a path

Hi

I'm trying to do a logo animation.

I'm trying to make a line animate along a path, not only following it, but also deforming to fit the path. The Idea is that it follows the path ontil it's shaped like a "c". Stay like that for a while and then continiue along the path to disapear. See the picture. Hope you understand.

Any good advice on how to do that? I've tried to do a animated map for the transparency, but that would take forever and I have more than just one letter who needs this. Any help very welcome.

Thanks, Jakob

user added image

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 10-09-2004 , 10:58 AM
Perhaps... Is it possible to make a long thin polygon cube with, say, 90 subdivisions in height. And the in some easy (you guys know so many tricks) way deform it along a curve?

Course the I could UV map it before deforming it, and producing the transperency map would be easy...

... just a thought. Still open for better suggestions

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 3 10-09-2004 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
I think the easyest way for you, since you have the transparinsy map idea already. Is to not use a ANIMATED treanparinsy map.. just use a ramp to make that. and Key the ramps color positional attributes.