Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 76 26-11-2004 , 06:04 AM
Thanks for the advice NitroLiq...I was going more for a rounded, bulky front on the boot, kind of like in my concept sketch of the character I did in Photoshop (if you saw it posted on here before). I will take what you said into consideration though. user added image Anyway, onto the next update: I did the sword, finished the belt, did the holster for the sword, fixed the seam on the skirt, did the wraps on the arms, and now I am trying to do the hair on her...but to me it does not look right. user added image What do you all think? Any advice on how I can create decent-looking hair in NURBS, anyone? I tried creating a bunch of curves and lofting them, and I think I went a little overboard.... :headbang: I still need to do the hands and I will maybe tweek the boots again...

Attached Thumbnails

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 02-06-2005 at 04:12 PM.
# 77 26-11-2004 , 06:13 AM
And here is a close-up of the face with the hair...

Attached Thumbnails

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 78 01-12-2004 , 07:47 PM
UPDATE: I fixed the hair and did the hands on the model after numerous attempts (finally)! This will be the "final" for the class, but in my free time I can keep on tweeking it, so feel free to post any comments or suggestions! I decided not to fix the boots for the class, but I may fix them in my free time before I texture the model.

Attached Thumbnails

# 79 01-12-2004 , 07:53 PM
comming out pretty good.. one suggestion make the arms a bit longer they are a bit short from the looks of it.

keep it up.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 80 01-12-2004 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
Very nice progress, good job. Could you do a close up on the hands?

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 81 08-12-2004 , 05:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments and advice Kurt on the arms....I tried to make them a little bit longer. Let me know how they look to you now! user added image Also, RubberChicken, thanks for your praise on my model! user added image I am not that satisfied with the hands though....I am going to try to fix them first, and then I will post a close-up of the them for ya. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 82 08-12-2004 , 05:13 PM
it looks good, but i hate the way the hair curves inwards at the end. looks stupid if you don't mind me saying user added image rest is good tho. oh, and are your eyes that wide? cos i was gonna mock up one of your pics with a speechbubble saying "NEED MORE COFFEE!" cos it looked like it was high on caffein user added image

# 83 08-12-2004 , 05:15 PM
And here is a perspective view of the model...

Attached Thumbnails

# 84 08-12-2004 , 05:21 PM

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
it looks good, but i hate the way the hair curves inwards at the end. looks stupid if you don't mind me saying user added image rest is good tho. oh, and are your eyes that wide? cos i was gonna mock up one of your pics with a speechbubble saying "NEED MORE COFFEE!" cos it looked like it was high on caffein user added image

It looks like I'm high on caffeine?? user added image Well...maybe I will see what I can do to fix that. I think maybe I have the lower eyelids too far down...do you think raising that up would fix the "caffeinated" problem? As far as the hair goes, well I was trying to get the hairstyle similar to my own....I am not sure if I curved it in too much though or not.