Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-03-2005 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber

head: maya/ZB

my secon ZB char.
displaced in ZB, modeled in maya
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 2 22-03-2005 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
hmm very nice, vladimirjp. Nice detail. I've always been interested in Zbrush. The only crits I can throw out are simply in my opinion. Something seems to be strange with the eye/eyebrow area- though it could be that I'm just not used to rather small eyes. The other thing is with the ears. something looks strange in them, I believe the detail is askew. Perhaps just another look would do the trick.

# 3 22-03-2005 , 01:16 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Funky Bunnies
hmm very nice, vladimirjp. Nice detail. I've always been interested in Zbrush. The only crits I can throw out are simply in my opinion. Something seems to be strange with the eye/eyebrow area- though it could be that I'm just not used to rather small eyes. The other thing is with the ears. something looks strange in them, I believe the detail is askew. Perhaps just another look would do the trick.

thanx FunkyBunnies.
the eyes are not too small, just a little less than average.
i kinda like the tired feel they give.
the ears could use a little work indeed.
but im kinda satisfied with them for now, this is just fo practicing ZB.

# 4 22-03-2005 , 01:47 AM
Subscriber
Man all your models are absolutely outstanding. I love them all. Can't find anything wrong with this one. You MUST make an animation with these characters. Not like a reel with just spinning model. I mean with them doing things.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 5 22-03-2005 , 08:20 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Vlad

Nice detail. Hows it going with Zb, is it easy to use, I know the controls on the keyboard are a little 'Mayaesque' as I have an ol demo but not really got down to the nitty gritty. Hoping to get it sometime this year.

Drop me mail or something when you can, Im interested on the whole Z thang anyway so some first hand experience would be nice to hear, ya know good point bad points (not that Ive heard any bad points as yet)
Cheers _J

# 6 22-03-2005 , 10:09 AM
looks nice so far..
a wireframe please

# 7 22-03-2005 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
hey J
check your email.

there is the wire that was subDed in maya, its about 2372 polys rendered with maya software render. i have not yet reied it with MR.
a lot of details was transfered to maya, but i lost a lot of subtle wrinkles and pores from ZB> i have to give MR a try sometime and see if it makes a difference.

user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 22-03-2005 at 05:28 PM.
# 8 23-03-2005 , 10:36 AM
what I admire on models like yours is that great amount of realism, not minding Zbrush. sure - ZB puts that photorealistic look on your model, but if the head is not wellmodeled, ZB can´t help you out.

as I don´t know ZB, I´d like to comment on mayapart.

the eyes were first thing for me too which attracts attention. older peoples eyes are smaller, but that´s a reasult of the wrinkeled skin hanging down and covering parts of the eyes. so for futuremodeling I´d consider making eyes allmost normal size and adding more skinmass hanging down - especially in the in a skewy way on the outer part of the eye - which is what gives that tired feel I think.

hope my english is to understand.

nevertheless I like your model very much.

# 9 25-03-2005 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
more ZB and maya stuff.
game model normal map.
user added image

user added image

# 10 25-03-2005 , 10:52 PM
Nice work Mate... I have to play with z-brush......

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 11 26-03-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
thanx. here is the normal mapped game char
user added image

# 12 27-03-2005 , 01:59 PM
Hey Vlad. Thats great ! i love this work.

# 13 27-03-2005 , 09:19 PM
Realy nice models vlad!

of topic:
I just want to suggest to everyone who want to play with z-brush to buy g n o m o n s DVD’s because it’s just wonderful. A have watched all tree of them and they are grate!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too

Last edited by Ankalagon; 27-03-2005 at 09:23 PM.