Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 17-05-2005 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
"Both have their advantages if you look at it objectivly...

It would be great if people on both sides didnt feel the need to defend what they owned, and actaully commented on the question asked.."

You don't need to defend anything, Macs are just plain awful. You can't defend or argue against fact. There is no point in an ugly girl trying to convince me shes pretty, I know for a fact she's ugly, even if "technically" it's a matter of opinion.

I feel able to comment as I am a graphic designer, I use a mac every day at work on Quark and Photoshop. Ever had to redo entire pages and pages of work because the Mac randomly decides a "Postscript Error" has occured in Quark? Maybe you've noticed the rather genious "space bar won't work" bug amongst dozens of other 'glitches' in Photoshop?

Admit it to yourself, Macs are pants and they always will be. And by the way, generally the only people who don't enjoy Mac jokes in my experience, are Mac owners. Anyway cheer up and don't be so sensitive, its a forum! user added image

# 17 17-05-2005 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
Oh and by the way, this isn't called a 'war' in my book. I believe the term you are looking for is 'debate'. However seeing as the 'debate' is generally pretty one sided, I like to call it 'taking the piss'.

Anyway, any polite person would have just -not laughed- at my 'lame' joke if they had heard it before. If you treat bad jokes this way, I imagine you'd be a pretty unpopular guy down the pub/bar.

# 18 17-05-2005 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Macs are basically for hippy liberals that always want something new. They are the "new PC", some I think have the whole computer built into the Monitor. But that really is only to save space, it cant hold to much without a huge bigscreen container and like a 5X5 inch screen, lol.

# 19 19-05-2005 , 08:07 AM
Subscriber
Well I just thought I would tell you that I have found out why it stops rendering.

This is pretty embarasing but here goes.

I bascially ran out of disk space ... simple as that.

Now im going to crawl back under my rock. user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog