Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-05-2005 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber

Right mouse button stopped working...

Any reason why my right mouse button no longer seems to work in maya? I have no idea what's happened, as far as I'm aware I just saved as usual last time and now its not working.

When I right click on a panel breakoff (for attribute editor etc.) the arrow pointer seems to mirror until I move the mouse away from it. Obviously moving the pointer itself isn't mirrored, just the pointer itself. I get no options at all with right mouse button in any situation, yet it works everywhere else in windows.

Sounds bizarre to me...

EDIT : The options actually seem to work fine, I just can't SEE them at all... what the hell? :|

EDIT #2 : Okay, even weirder - I have dual screens, it works fine on the other screen...

Last edited by petrol; 21-05-2005 at 06:10 PM.
# 2 21-05-2005 , 06:13 PM
The first and most obvious thing i would do is a repair to maya.. and if that doesnt work, then maybe a reinstall at worst..

# 3 21-05-2005 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
Ah our minds must work differently. I'm much lazier. I've not worked out the problem, but I did swap around the screens in windows layout, then swapped back, it works fine again now. Still don't understand why it did that, but can only assume it's a bug. I was thinking at first that I may have accidently shortcutted an option to not get options on right-clicks somehow.

Thanks for speedy reply though.

# 4 07-02-2012 , 09:44 AM

Wacom

In my case, it was the tabletservicewacom service that was causing the non-working problem of the right mouse button in maya 2011 and maya 2012.
I just stopped the Wacom tablet service in windows xp and restarted Maya, what solved the problem.

Regards,

Samuel

Last edited by sambh; 07-02-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Add info