Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-06-2005 , 08:02 PM

splitting an object

Hello,

I am in the process of learning maya and have a question for a short animation that I am doing. I have created a complex object using mostly polygons and would like to slpit it open (like a book)and have the rest of my animation continued inside this object. The problem is that I don't know what's the best way to do this splitting and would like some advice on it.

Thank you in advance,
Maryam

# 2 28-06-2005 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber
Can you post a pic of the object you want to open?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 28-06-2005 , 09:34 PM
Thank you Michael for your reply,

I am not finished with the object yet, but it looks like an egg from the outside and has a complex inside (most of them are/will be made from simple polygons; I can also use all of it as polygons if it's difficult to slpit NURBS) I would just like to split it in half to be able to access the inside.

# 4 29-06-2005 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
If you need a clean split, two hemispheres butted together with the pivot point of edge placed matching up to create a hinge area might to. If you need jagged edges, perhaps a shatter effect?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."