Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-08-2005 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber

uv editor question

hi, i have for example made a material with a 'crater' effect added to the colour, i goto the uv editor and the crater effect will be in the uv editor. does anyone know how i can save this effect as a jpeg so that i can modify it in photoshop?

Thanks, Matt

# 2 07-08-2005 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber
actually ive noticed, if put the crater effect on the whole of my model the image in the uv editor is completely different than in the render... if i render my model there is a distinct line going down its belly. but on the uv editor when the crater effect is showing there is no line there... wierd. ill show you what i mean.

user added image

if you look at the belly and the uv editor they are two completely different images :s all i want is to save the render image (from the uv view) so i can add some stuff to it.

# 3 07-08-2005 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
meh, ignore this i just used the hypershade to blend the extra stuff i wanted to add onto it..