Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-09-2005 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber

making an object disappear in a scene

im trying to make a ball disappear in my scene. so i put a key at say frame 0 and 10 but at frame 11, where i want to make the ball go away, i delete the object and the object is completely taken off from the whole scene. how do i delete it only for frame 11 but not for frames 0-10? tks for your help!

# 2 06-09-2005 , 11:15 PM
You actually don't delete it...with your object selected...go to the channel box...at the bottom of the channel box you will see "visibility"..everytime you want it visible....leave it at on(numeric=1)...and at the part you want it to disappear...put it off (numeric=0)...good luck
TheAnswerRP03

# 3 07-09-2005 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber
wonderful! thks

# 4 07-09-2005 , 11:19 AM
Subscriber
To fade, you can key frame the transparency.

# 5 15-02-2013 , 08:10 AM

making objects disappear in maya

how do i key transparency on mia material x ? i have a similar problem, i dont want the object to suddenly disappear! i want to to be gradual, i tried keying ( ior) index of refraction but this didn't work, please help!

To fade, you can key frame the transparency.