Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-01-2006 , 12:38 AM

my 2nd head

well the first attempt I made took like, a month to make.. 'till I messed up and started again.. it took me only one day to do this one, and looks better too !

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by jornkes; 21-01-2006 at 12:41 AM.
# 2 21-01-2006 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
Nice job! i like the face, but can i see a 3/4 or a profile shot. What method did you use?

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 3 21-01-2006 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
cool .. this is my dude so far

https://www.clansm.com:8080/person.jpg

this is my first guy, i only been using maya for 9 days or so .. and it's based off the ninja tutorial.. but i purposly changed the face, i didn't really wany him looking the same, higher cheek bones with skinnier face,, i wanna make him an insurgent

# 4 21-01-2006 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
wh33ls, ur doing pretty ok for a beginning, but heres a starting good tip, never make another mesh as body parts, u have to keep going adding edges from the neck area to the chest to the legs, and hands also

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 5 22-01-2006 , 12:06 AM
Hey jornkes,

Great start!

the picture that you posted is a 3/4 view.

At the moment I think your eyes are too high. They should sit halfway up the face.

# 6 22-01-2006 , 12:24 AM
thanks for the comments and tips everyone.... I'll change all that as soon as possible

method : took a profile and a front pic as reference, then I started combing the locations of the vertexes in X and Y

yep I think yu're right about he eyes
gonna work on that user added image