Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-11-2002 , 03:16 PM

Non-Maya related. But please help!

Anybody get these things? How the hell are they coming up and where do I go to turn them off? God! I hate pop-ups!

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 2 20-11-2002 , 03:20 PM
No idea... Installed any addware programs?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 20-11-2002 , 03:39 PM
Its possible that one got installed somehow. I, personally, havent installed any. I tell ya, people should be prosecuted for crap like this. It's illegal to hack into other people's systems, but it's not illegal to spam. Who the hell makes these rules?

user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 20-11-2002 , 04:20 PM
The Maya Mountain
I've been getting those messeges, too! They've been really annoying and I can't find 'em.... user added image

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

# 5 20-11-2002 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber

# 6 20-11-2002 , 05:13 PM
Lifetime Member
If you are using Windows NT/2000/XP stop and disable the Messanger service. That should fix your problem.

There was something on the news a couple of weeks ago about the "new" viruses/spammers using the Messanger service to spam poeple.

# 7 20-11-2002 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.

Set the "Messenger" service to disabled.

The average user does not need to run this background application anyway, this is only usefull on Computers within a network. Otherwise turn it off! Every bit of free memory is useful.

Steven C.
# 8 20-11-2002 , 05:41 PM
Installed AdAware. WOW! Tha damn Gator software installed itself all over the place! I must have had like 200+ adwares in my system. Now, I have none. Thanks for the link mrmacca.

sdch 1000: I did that too. Thanks for the info. But, while looking around in there, I found soething called Remote Registry Service which allows for remote manipulation of the registry. Do you, or does anybody, have an explanation as to what this does? It doesn't sound very friendly. user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 9 20-11-2002 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
This is another service that is used by system administrators on networks. Again, if you're a stand alone PC you don't need it, but if you share a device like a printer or something then leave it on. As far as I know it has not been exploited or hacked. I personally left mine on, but it you turn it off the worst that can happen is an error message. Simply turn it back on, no harm done.

Steven C.
# 10 21-11-2002 , 01:16 AM
Subscriber
damn! is that annoying