Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-02-2006 , 06:48 PM

save an animation?

If the batch renderer crashed mid-render, how can I open the animation to save the file that were already rendered? QuickTime will not open .tmp files. It would save me a whole lot of time if I could save whatever was rendered.

Ron.

# 2 27-02-2006 , 07:15 PM
Try rename it to .mov instead and if quicktime still wont open it. try to open it in another program like after effects, combustion or anither videoediting software.
A tip to next time. dont render a moviefile, render image sequences for example targa files and then put them togheter to a movie, that way you dont get in trouble if it crashes during render.

# 3 27-02-2006 , 07:43 PM

Using quickTime

I have tried to change the .tmp to .mov but it does not open. Even FCP won't open crashed .tmp files. I guess using rendered images is OK but I have alot of frames (+500).