Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 21-09-2006 , 02:06 PM
To set the record straight, both apps are used heavily in the game industry. Some studios prefer Max, others Maya. The studio I work for is all Maya (about 200 seats). Everything art-related from levels to characters to props to effects isdone in Maya. I've also worked with Max at previous companies. In both cases, I have always been able to get my work done just fine.

My personal preference is Maya, though, because I tend to animate faster in Maya. If I had to, I could still animate just fine in Max. I'm just more used to Maya right now. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 17 25-09-2006 , 04:33 AM
I like Maya. It just feels more natural. Max was the first thing I tried, and it felt awkward. Maya didn't. So I stuck with it. I still like Maya. It's tools should be the standard for most every other 3d program out there.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 18 25-09-2006 , 05:50 PM
At the start, i just wanted to make games. And i researched ALOT.
but then after 1-3 months it was more the art/graphic itself i was interested in. Finally i purchased Maya, and started to model, and i found out that Max was used for games at the time and that Maya was used for films.
One met when i got in gymnasium (kind a high school) had max ad i tried it.

I find it very confusing. Maya is so very easy.
And Extrude face & edge really give results user added image

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
# 19 01-10-2006 , 12:22 PM
I start with 3dsmax when i was new but i find modeling in max much harder in 3dsmax then Maya is simple easy to know the tools
I find Maya supb when it come animations