Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-03-2007 , 01:00 PM

My 1st interior ever!!!

hellow everybody! i jus tried an interior! itz fully from my imagination! not so gug i think! but for now i know this only! need ur comments plz! so that i can improve myself!:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-03-2007 , 01:18 PM
Lifetime Member
i know this is one of your first projects so I won't be too harsh.
It's a good start but you need to watch the preportions of objects, I think the table for instance is a little low.
Even if you are creating from your imagination you need to base real objects on reality, so get as much photo references as possible before starting to model and then you will find it easier to model the thing in question.
I am not sure if you were going for a cartoon look or whether you want a more realistic look.
Your textures give off a cartoony feel, this is mainly due to the fact that they are too saturated and too clean.In real life nothing is ever an even colour as there will be inperfections in the material and it gets worn or stained ect.So if you you are going for photo realistic you have to dirty your textures up so the objects look used.

I hope you don't take this as a slating of your picture as it's not intended , but more just some info for you to think about so you can improve.
Don't expect to create wonderous things imediately because it really does take practice,practice and more practice.

I really like the feel of the room though so goodluck in your future projects.

Last edited by jsprogg; 21-03-2007 at 01:51 PM.
# 3 21-03-2007 , 01:32 PM
Jr.Who
jsprogg is right.

Also, you need to change those colors! The walls need to be a better wall color, like white or beige. The yellow with the chairs? DoesnÕt match very well. Lastly, the room looks too small.
Besides that, good job on your first interior! user added image

# 4 16-04-2007 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber
Good start.
I agree with everything that has been said.
One thing that is crucial to getting a room to look correct is you lighting.
You need to change your render to mental ray. And create lights that are admiting photons.
There are some great tuts here on this website for that, or simply do a google for it, and you will find some freebees.
This is more advanced lighting and be a fair bit to get your head around. But if you start now, you wont regreat it. You can make the simplest model look great if you can get your lighting correct.

Hope this helps.
Good Job!user added image

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.