Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2007 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber

5 month finished project

hows it going,
just finished the movie I was working on back in late November. I set the name of about a dozen of you guys on the credits from who helped me on some of my forum questions hope you guys don't mind. make sure to watch part 1 and 2.
part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAf9iZshmyc
part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrst...elated&search=

I'd be happy to hear comments or critiques. maybe a 1-5 grade system on animation,environment design, directorship(as far as how well the story is told and how you like the stunts), and maybe on sound also.
heres my take:

animation-2
environment design-3
directorship-4
sound-3

enjoy,
Dan

# 2 29-04-2007 , 08:19 AM
props dan. dunno why no1 else has said anything yet but that movie was sweet.

dont forget who got you hooked on maya =)

# 3 29-04-2007 , 10:01 AM
That was a pretty good show. Some of the walking cycles could have been a little smoother, but same here, I give you props. KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 4 29-04-2007 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
pretty cool lol... Thanks for putting my name under the simplymaya.com user added image

So how long have you been doing maya for?

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 5 29-04-2007 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber
lol yea didnt think you guys could read it from the youtube compression but cool. I started with maya on summer05 to now so about 2 years. actually js09 is the one who got me hooked on this program. never thought hed actually post here but yea i guess he serves some credit as well.

# 6 29-04-2007 , 06:40 PM
Hey Man!

Looks good, I think that some of the walk cycles could have been a bit tighter, but htats just a minor crit when you look at the work that you mush have put in.

Good on ya mate for tackeling such a big project, an pulling it off (I probalby would have given up on it half way through)

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 29-04-2007 , 08:17 PM
Subscriber
this is not the best animation I have seen but its a awesome movie, i love it.
keep up the good work

# 8 03-05-2007 , 10:05 AM
It was nice user added image A thing that annoyed me was how the main characters friend just stood there with their arms raised up when he was fighting for his lifre. user added image

And well then there is the obvious, you should not make a movie that sets war as good or something you have to do. Go pacifism! user added image

# 9 03-05-2007 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
I havent seen the second part yet, but it was pretty funny when the admiral guy denied the mission, his voice sounded like a womans. no offense though, i just though it was funny.

but very good, my favorite is near the end when they use the green pulse gun or what ever and blasted the guys out of the building.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 10 06-05-2007 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Weyu

And well then there is the obvious, you should not make a movie that sets war as good or something you have to do. Go pacifism! user added image

yes ofcourse i would never promote war. heroism and courage was the main idea but I can see
how it might be misleading or how it might promote war in a way. and now that i look at it for
a second time, I cant say that there isnt a bit of guilt on my part. but looking
at the big picture I think its pretty minor compared to what we see nowadays.
I mean look at 300, it seems to me that the only way for a solution to the problem was by fighting warlike and killing the enemy. and instead of teaching mercy, or negotiation for peace you had leonidis kick off that black messanger into the pit and throw off all those persian soldiers off the cliffs when they were beggin for mercy. or look at most of todays video games. almost all of them are about how well you can shoot your enemy and kill people. i cant say its not entertaining but the message you get isn't very positive and its starting to be more towards the killing rather than the true idea behind it.

# 11 15-05-2007 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber

nice

wow... i enjoyed watching the movie with its fresh ideas... and for the people who dont see perfection, well this was a 5 month projects and not a 12 month project user added image

btw dude the cinamatography was very nicely thought up also great work

# 12 15-05-2007 , 07:46 PM
dude did you use Vue?

# 13 16-05-2007 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
That was good. I liked the fight scene at the end of part 2.
Also the slomo bit when Col. Clink gets shot.
There where a few animation problems like the snipers eyes going crazy and some of the walking but overall it was really good.
I like the bit when the bad guy judo kicks the hostage while keeping his arms behind his back and when one of the good guys head buts the door and it breaks open. (time 6:19- Part 1)

Good work user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 14 18-05-2007 , 07:13 AM
im in awe. wow. What can I say?
fantastic, brilliant. The walk cycle thing has already been mentioned, so I have no further crits. Just about to watch part 2. Love the green shot gun type thing in part one, at the end. KEEP GOING!

# 15 18-05-2007 , 11:24 AM
Wow, for five months this is very impressive. About how many hours would you say you worked on it a day? Everything was great except for thier walking, but i'm sure thats takes some time to get it down. I also like the fact that you used battlefield characters. I was thinking of doin somthin like that, I made the EU's buggy, but then i started other stuff.
Anyway great video!