Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 14-12-2002 , 06:49 PM
Hey guys, trust me, there is going to be alot more going on with this scene. It will be twisted, just working on the basic stuff right now. There will also be more color here and there. It’s only been a week, and I still have two more. user added image user added image How long have I been working on this scene? Well I think I started working on it on Tues or wed, and I have been consistently working on it during my lunch breaks at work for about a week now. kind of busy this weekend, not sure if you remember my modern day pod racer that I was working on, but I am doing all of the camera tracking, Match moving, animation and compositing this weekend, yikes user added image so I won't be able to work on the scene this weekend. user added image user added image This is my first challenge; I really like participating in the challenges. How long have I been working with Maya? Well I started using it when I was 18. So, that’s about 2.5 years now, Day and night everyday, literally. At least 16-18 hours a day. And I still work and go to school full time now. :o I have a 40 GB external hard drive, with only my unfinished Maya Projects/models/animations, and I am already using 38 GB! I really need to put everything together on a demo reel, but I am always starting something new, its hard to find time to make a demo, especially now since I am probably (not definitely) moving to Australia. Well, if you have anymore questions please let me know, thanks for all of your compliments guys,
Brian

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 14-12-2002 at 06:57 PM.
# 62 14-12-2002 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
oh - wow - that explains where you learned all the stuff. when did you sleep in the last 2 1/2 years?

# 63 14-12-2002 , 09:01 PM
sleep, who needs sleep? its highly over rated, lol. Hey, btw our Et animation is well on its way to being finnished!! I will try and make a post with it on finnished work next week! thanks,
Brian

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 14-12-2002 at 10:19 PM.
# 64 16-12-2002 , 01:57 AM
I just got done watching BeetleJuice and Nightmare before Christmas! I Have alot more Ideas for a scene now, but I may have to scratch my House and Deck user added image I am going to keep the same style and everything, but I may decide to make it an indoor scene instead of an out door scene. I don't know we'll see, WHat do you think? THanks,
Brian

# 65 16-12-2002 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Speedy
WHat do you think?

make a movie out of it - so going from outside to inside.

or what could be real cool - make it an indoor scene - but that it looks like outside - like in harry potter where you can see the bewitched sky user added image

# 66 16-12-2002 , 03:16 PM
Well, this is the start of my main character, this is going to be my twisted santa, yes, I intentionaly made it so you could see my patches, I am going to make it look like they are "stiched" together. Let me know what you think,
Brian

# 67 16-12-2002 , 03:37 PM
Here is an update, I took off the lips to make room for my nasty teeth. Is it starting to get more twisted??

# 68 16-12-2002 , 04:35 PM
Here are his arms....

# 69 16-12-2002 , 05:19 PM
Hey guys, I have a question for the moderators of this challenge. I have downloaded the skeleton off of Simplymaya.com. I have done some major rework on it (to make it look nicer, and I plan on having the majority of it covered by the "plates" that I have started to model. Anyways, I was wondering if I could use the skeleton in my model as part of my Character... Please let me know if I can use it or not. THanks alot guys,
Brian

# 70 16-12-2002 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm, Pinheads unknown brother is taking on a chistmas spirit. This guy actually has that something special that makes him scary I think.

I hope you are going for a bleached skin and not a nice tan Brian! user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 71 16-12-2002 , 05:21 PM
um... Pinheads unknown brother? who is that? Just wondering,
Brian

# 72 16-12-2002 , 05:23 PM
And guys, if I can't use the skeleton for the competition, then that is not a problem at all, just let me know, I can improvise. Thanks,
Brian

# 73 16-12-2002 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
Well, he doesn't actually look quite lilke Pinhead but that came to my mind. Well, Pinhead is that horrible guy in the series of films named Hellraiser. I think there are five of these films. The last one is set to a spacestation.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!

Last edited by undseth; 16-12-2002 at 05:59 PM.
# 74 16-12-2002 , 06:24 PM
oh.... I think I know what you are talking about now...

# 75 16-12-2002 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
hey that is twised - looks like the face mask of hannibal - but all over the body - aehm - skeleton. would be real wicked if you stich him together with rusty wire.

but i would consider improvising a bit. even if the skeleton was changed - the problem is that you did not intitially made it in the first place. and it does not justify to break the rules (maybe unwritten - i am no judge anyway) that you use something you did not create yourself within the time of the challenge. not even if it is only 1% of all your scene.

and as everything you made til now is improvised, you should have no problem creating a skeleton yourself. oh - if you say time is limited - when i dont want to see what you would be able to do if you had more time for this challenge ...