Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 18-05-2007 , 06:12 PM
Wow, I'm really impressed that you pulled off such a big project. Lots of really cool scenes.

My critics: the sound that was good in the fight scenes (that you borrowed from various FPS:s) but the rest could need some serious work. It was obvious that you pitched down the voices in the dialogues and applied some kind of effect to get a "cool" voice, but I thought it just sounded like a robot with a cold. And you could clearly hear that some sounds was repeated. The animation was pretty good except that some walk cycles was a little funny. The modelling was pretty bad when it comes to the character heads, looks like typically "noobie"-heads.

But I lift my hat of to you, really good work.

# 17 20-05-2007 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Altadena
dude did you use Vue?

no i didnt use Vue. what is that?

[i]
About how many hours would you say you worked on it a day?[/B]

I think I worked on it about 3-4 hours right after school.

yea there are a lot of major probs with it but hopefully i'll get better on new projects.

I was looking back at the "haloid" video and his work has me thinking on what my next project should be. I can't believe that the maker got over 1.7 million internet views, a bunch of job propositions, dvd requests, and an interview with EA games- the whole package an amateur animator could dream of. HOw long did it take him to make it? 2 months believe it or not. And I've read his background and seen his workflow on his vids and found this very strong connection between me and him. Self-taught almost the same software packages, started with flash animations...etc. I envy his work because he nailed it on the spot with what the people wanted to see. Using famous video game characters against each other with a bunch of matrix stunts as well as his own. maybe doing mine with such military orientation wasnt such a good idea cause I have the feeling not a lot of people are into that. And the programs and rendering he does aren't very proffessional or anything he didnt use any of the mainstream 3d softwares nor compositing packages as he even admitted but its his ideas that sold and that are just so awsome. I really look up to him though and hopefully try to come up with something to his level one day.

Last edited by danotronXX; 20-05-2007 at 12:55 PM.
# 18 20-05-2007 , 03:08 PM
Hey Man, Vues a landscape generation programme, very good it is too! You can download a free PLE version of it, Jays put a link in the Members lounge.

As for you having a military slant on things I cant really see a problem, at the end of the day its a story.

are you planning on making another in the future?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 20-05-2007 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
hey sup man,
yea that vue looks like a pretty cool program. I think I'm gonna give it a try in the future see how its like. for my landscape they are pretty much just a background picture with an animated skies generated from after effects plugin.

yea I'm thinking of doing another video in the future though I'm still trying to figure out what it's going to be about. maybe a slowmotion crash car chase would be kinda neat with bodies flying out their windshields and stuff. but its amazing how much longer days become without a project being worked on.

# 20 24-05-2007 , 02:02 PM
gr8 work

hello
# 21 02-06-2007 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
great effort dude ... was pretty cool user added image loved the part were the bad-ring leader gave a backhand to the tied up person and gave it that slow motion effect ...

question, what special effects program did you use for the start of part1?

crits are, some parts of the animation the movement/motion of the characters where abit to blocky but thats still alright. also you could of used some better sounds i reckon instead of CS ones :p (there soo oldschool lol) though i know how hard it is to find some gun sounds on the net,

keep up the good work

[EDIT: thanks for mentioning my name user added image]

marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 02-06-2007 at 10:06 PM.
# 22 03-06-2007 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by marlonjohn

question, what special effects program did you use for the start of part1?

i know how hard it is to find some gun sounds on the net,

yo sup,
I used After effects and a bunch of plugins for it. the sky was tinderbox 3 generators I believe, the name shine was with trapcode shine and the organic lines was trapcode particular.

most of the sounds I use are ripped from a dozen pc games or so I seem to get better quality than online sounds.

and thanks for the critsuser added image

# 23 07-06-2007 , 01:40 AM
That was pretty damn epic...I also went to your website, youre a talented artist! keep it up!