Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 29-06-2007 , 08:20 AM
Jr.Who
Why would you want to create your own language?!

BTW, thereÕs this little button under your post called ÒEditÓ. Instead of T-Posting you can just edit your post and add onto it. user added image

# 17 29-06-2007 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
RageMatrix, I do agree that to think you can search on Google for how to write your own computer language is very naive. I very seldom voice an opinion, but what you said made me want to clarify what I had meant as I didn't explain it well. I am old and went to school and learned what I know when Windows had just been released. I was taught that Pascal is the root of most programming languages. At that time C was just starting and becoming popular. I was taught, that C was a form of Pascal and it was just my thoughts that if indeed he did want to write a language, that is would be good to start at a root language. But you are correct in the thought he would have the benefit of other programmers by using C++. Just wanted to express why I had said Pascal and not C++. Seems you would have more leverage in being original at the root and not up the tree where you might be restricted.

Enough rambling and I will shut up.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 18 30-06-2007 , 03:06 AM
Thats okay, Tom - you didn't need to explain yourself to me user added image Pascal and C are similar in certain respects, although Pascal is (as you said) primarily used as a teaching langauge and not even that anymore these days. If you were to step into a classroom tomorrow, you'd be far more likely to be taught Java or C#. Sandboxed languages seem to be the new "base" in terms of teaching, although C is still incredibly important as most systems software is still written in it - Linux for example.

I don't really see the OP's need to write their own language unless its just as a thought exercise and even then I wouldn't attempt it unless you are already a seasoned programmer.

Black House
"Wrapped in metal, wrapped in ivy."
# 19 30-06-2007 , 07:26 AM
Subscriber
Good morning Rage and thank you for your response. I do appreciate it. I have thought, as you, as to why in the world would he want to write a new language. It would be more difficult that writing a new spoken language. You mention exercise as a reason. I laughed and thought 'Exercise in futility' as when you write this new language and run it the street and try to convince people they need to use it, I am sure you would be very disappointed in the fact they didn't want to talk your new language.

This has been interesting, thanks!!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).