Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-01-2008 , 04:46 PM

guys please help me out here - maya behaviours

HELP PLEASE !

I have two big problems ...
First, I have no idea why but maya's selection habits have changed ... for example if I have to objects in a straight line and I click the one towards me it selects the one behind ... it's like maya is mocking me )
Not only that but same rule applies to faces/edges. If I have a place (like a head for example) I can barely choose the front row of edges without it selecting the back ones ! (no dragging, just simple click) ... and somehow I think that the pointer isn't exact any more ... sometimes it works ok but sometimes I have to click with the middle of the arrow instead of it's tip to get smth selected ... any idea what in the hell is happening ?

Second ... is I am in object mode, and I pull verts my image planes get messed up while I zoom towards them. Any idea of what this issue might be ? If I am in normal object mode they don't change shape but if I'm in component and zoom towards them they get a distortion as if I would look at them through a magnifier glass at an angle.

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks for reading,
Vick.

# 2 16-01-2008 , 07:53 PM

hnnn...

Sounds like it might be your video card. What kind are you running with your system?

EA Games
# 3 16-01-2008 , 09:00 PM
ati radeon 9550 GU .. 128 megs ... I also get some anomalies when starting maya sometimes (colors get mixed up for half of my screen, but after I kill maya and restart it it works fine ... I think it's maya related ...)

# 4 17-01-2008 , 03:15 AM
I was had the same problems i use DNA drivers but remember uninstal old one restart pc and than instal DNA drivers i use this
...............> https://www.idg.pl/ftp/pc_5136/ATI.DN....3.5.4.12.html maybe help or if not work tru omega drivers 3.xx to this you must download catalist 6.xx and try its not work if you overclock you graf.

# 5 17-01-2008 , 06:52 AM
it worked with those drivers ... no problems seem to arise at the moment ... will see that happens in the near future !

thanks you very very much !
Vick.