Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-01-2003 , 06:29 AM

somethings wrong

lately for some reason my rotate guides arent coming up that well (or not at all)

also when working with vertexes if i click outside the working object it stays selected.. (or if i go to object mode the vertex mode stays up) same from edge to vertex..or edge to object..etc and vice versa.

any ideas?

# 2 09-01-2003 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
i think maya gives you an evesment so you can stay selected on that object when you accidentally click elsewhere. just move farther away from the object.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 09-01-2003 , 11:05 PM
cheers..any idea about my rotate guides not coming up? its really annoying.. i can still move it but not exact..eg i move it sideways .809 when im tyrin to move it vertically..

# 4 10-01-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by VAMP1Re
cheers..any idea about my rotate guides not coming up? its really annoying.. i can still move it but not exact..eg i move it sideways .809 when im tyrin to move it vertically..

when you click rotate try hitting the + key afterwards to see if it pops up. the + and - keys make the guide bigger or smaller. see if that helps.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 12-01-2003 , 01:41 AM
dleted my profile folder and nows its all ok..cheers anyway