Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 25-05-2008 , 09:11 AM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by seizefunkmale_max
there are only 2 kinds of people in this world..those who are selfish and those who are not.. if you cant offer a little help then ignore this thread not putting negative feedbacks about do it yourself!! bla!bla! things like that.. im just asking from those people that can help, why you people still reading this thread that yourself alone cant help...

I find your attitude to this offensive. Most of us have spent years learning the software and the ways and means of modelling to create our own works.

Maybe then next project you do, you should think about it an plan ahead. As I stated before its very unlikely anyone will give away something they have spent weeks or even months creating.

In all honesty, to call anyone here selfish shows how utterly immature your attitude to this is. Get a grip and plan ahead. Do not go about giving grief to people who are just trying to make u realise asking for something for nothing, isnt going to get you anywhere.

I stand by my last post... User Turbo Squid to find what you want, but you'll have to pay for it.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

# 17 25-05-2008 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
First off, the opening of this thread is a bit selfish, as your asking for somebody`s time without asking it friendly.
It`s not like people will jump to a gun and help out just because your demanding free stuff.
And for one that says if you dont give a file your selfish is a bit lame, as i state my first comment.

And mostly nobody wants to help out a new member, just for nothing, if you gave the guy who will offer you something in return, then again you might have gotten better responses.

People here are reacting to you, is due to how you ask for peoples work, like i said, if you where friendly and gave a propper reason etc, you might have had a better response.

But you know don`t worry, everybody makes mistakes in life, you just need to realize it.

As last to help you out, google it, google is your friend, even for selfish people.
Use words like
free 3d
3d bee download
download bee obj
etc etc you get the picture

Anyways good luck.

# 18 25-05-2008 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
I'd model the bee for you and learn how to rig it to, but that kind of thing I'd want money for, like $100. But again at that price you can buy one already made by someone for $50+ at turbosquid.com.... I don't see anyone doing this for free, it's like asking someone to come to your house clean your room and do your yard work and all they get is a beer, not even cold but room temperature...

Good luck hunting for this.

# 19 27-05-2008 , 06:26 PM
all of you are winners...i end up this thread.. if all of u just read my frst post maybe you can ask yourself "am i posting the right reply to the thread?" that would be better.. well anyway thanks!!.. happy modelling..

Last edited by seizefunkmale_max; 27-05-2008 at 06:32 PM.

# 20 28-05-2008 , 05:43 AM
the problem is that you feel the "right response" is for someone to give you their hard work for free. You haven't specified what the models will be used for, is there money involved for you, proper accreditation of work etc.

As someone pointed out you just joined the forums so you can't expect people to just give you their work when they don't know you. your attitude isn't helping much either nobody owes you anything so don't expect them to.

As it has been said there are plenty of resources out there for finding free models. I suggest you pursue those routes because your attitude has turned people off from helping you.

If you feel the need to carry on this thread please PM me directly. user added image

Thread Locked

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB