Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-01-2003 , 05:31 AM

Gnomon DVD's (Quick Question)

Has anyone ever purchased one of there modeling dvd's, and if so is it a good tutorial for someone just getting started in Maya?
Thanks in Advance!

# 2 11-01-2003 , 05:48 AM
Subscriber
Although I don't own any, I know most people around here would tell you that Gnomon is a very good source of information. Alex always goes through all the steps and shows you exactly what to do. It's very fast-paced, so you'll get your money's worth, but it's not so fast that you're completely lost. I'd give it a high rating myself.

# 3 11-01-2003 , 06:11 AM
The Maya Mountain
they're cool, although a bit pricey in my opinion.

# 4 11-01-2003 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
I agree, $80 is a bit on the high sound so i probably wouldn't buy any. The thing is, if they were to drop to around $40, i'd probably by the lot.

# 5 11-01-2003 , 12:59 PM
Yeah the first thing I did notice was the price, and I agree it is a bit pricey. But they do look like they could be pretty helpful, which of the modeling dvd's would you go with if you really wanted it? And what excatly is organic modeling?
Thanks Again!

# 6 11-01-2003 , 03:27 PM
Kevin
never seen any of them, I see a clip of a couple of alias ones around a friends and was really impressed...

one was the particles cd and the other was the patch modeling!

very good indeed!

but saying that, I learned more from mikes stitch tutorial in the vip section then anything!

# 7 11-01-2003 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber
The Vision - Organic modeling is a model that looks well, organic or "alive." A model that is living like a human. Smooth surfaced models I guess. Anything else is non-organic. Like buildings, which have hard, edgy, flat surfaces.