Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-10-2009 , 07:59 AM

Texture stretched, Need help.

all faces has been extrude together , but when i apply sand texture to the building I see there is something wrong, on e of the faces texture has been stretched, do you know why?
the texture is seamless sand texture.

if you know something please say something...

look at the image please to understand what my problem is,,,,,

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-10-2009 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
take a look at the UVs, that'd be the first thing to do

play with the placement of the UVs on that face and see what happens

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 06-10-2009 , 01:40 PM
thanks for replay, actually I didn't apply any UV into it, because the whole building is just one simple color without any line of noises, there is no way I can fix this uv's, the building is 20 floor and alot of tweaking and extruding faces/edges going on. so fixing this uv's is chaos,

what do you think guy about apply an sand texture into it? but there is some faces that has been stretched.

any option?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 06-10-2009 , 04:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
If you really don't want to mess with the UVs, try selecting the faces that look stretched and re-applying the sand texture to those alone. Not the most elegant workaround, but I think it should work.

# 5 07-10-2009 , 05:36 AM
@stwert

yeah that option works, but the face that I apply the sand texture into it looks bit different that others. bit darker and the sand pixel are smaller . but this can be fixed with repeat uv's only on this faces, doesnt match the other sand texture but at least helps bit,

thanks again, more option please write to me,