Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-07-2011 , 07:33 PM

candel_"LIGHT"

hello everyone,
how are you?

Whenever something new strikes to my mind i open Simplymaya....user added image

Same again,,
Now this time i want to know how to make candle........''LIGHT EFFECT'' in maya i know about candle but donn know how to make LIGHT EFFECT OF Candle.user added image

HERE IS THE IMAGE

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-07-2011 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
2 tips I know of. One is that candle light has a high fall off, so a light, perhaps a point light...with falloff/decay set to quadratic can be a good start for the actual light.

The second is using volume lights to create the sss effect near the top of the candle wax. If you adjust the intensity curves of the light you can create different gradations of fall off from that 'light' too.

Also, using geometry for the candle flame, with ramp textures, can help simulate the varying colours and intensities throughout the flame...

Last edited by ben hobden; 18-07-2011 at 11:16 AM.
# 3 18-07-2011 , 01:08 AM
I also have a candle lights in my scene, so this would be a helpful thread.

How did you make the candle light Dushyant? I've found very few tutorials on them, and all of them doesn't seem to give me the effect that I want. I *may* render just one picture, but I also may just do some sort of camera movement, so anything with sprites or 2D images will not look good.

Any tips?

https://deannabono.blogspot.com - My Portfolio Progress. Take a gander. Enjoy!
# 4 18-07-2011 , 02:27 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 18-07-2011 , 04:40 AM

does this help??

https://www.cgsutra.com/autodesk_maya...dle_flames.php

I saw that, but like I said, I rather see it move, jiggle, like a real candle light. That involves Fluid dynamics. Ive seen a lot of fire tutorials, but not a single flame tutorial.

If I was just making one picture render, then I would do that tutorial. Since I'm not...

However, if time is restricted and I cannot get it to work or I feel like user added image, then I will go ahead and use that tutorial.

Thanks though!!

https://deannabono.blogspot.com - My Portfolio Progress. Take a gander. Enjoy!
# 6 18-07-2011 , 07:51 AM

# 7 18-07-2011 , 09:09 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 18-07-2011 , 11:54 AM
The Nurb Herd
use a volume light or a ramp light

# 9 18-07-2011 , 08:37 PM
heyy i will try a diff.. will use light effect as texture image of png on a plane n then give glow with volume light n fall off effect with point light....may be this will work..let CcC: