Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-12-2011 , 02:14 PM

some more groboto stuff I found interesting...

This groboto thing makes my inner techno-geek all warm and tingly!

WARNING - This is a experimental boolean based modeling package and watching could make some folks eyeballs literally burst into flames! user added image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1CdhZuD9XYc

The meshes are pretty dense but it's a fun toy to play with and make interesting shapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WcNcHSaf1sM

Some of the artsy folks with more creativity then I might find interesting ways to perhaps integrate it with zbrush or mudbox since they readily work with zillions of polygons.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 09-12-2011 at 03:18 PM.
# 2 09-12-2011 , 08:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
It looks very cool, I have to say I did not get chance to fully check it out. But i think, it's if nothing else a very pretty application.

I shall be checking this out over the weekend thanks for the heads up.
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 09-12-2011 , 09:27 PM
The thin red line
Have you loaded it up your self Rick if so whats it like...........dave

# 4 09-12-2011 , 09:45 PM
yeah I grabbed the free version a couple weeks ago and tinkered with it a bit. I have not had a lot of free time to play with it. I was on my youtube page and saw those vids and thought they were worth sharing for folks that have more time and creativity them me.

It makes really heavy models but it's kinda of fun for seeing what kind of interesting shapes you can make and like he says in the video you do not have to worry about poly flow while you are working with the solid objects, so you are free to experiment and create lots of different forms. It is kind of like playing with a 3D spirograph toy.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675