Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-09-2012 , 08:22 PM

maya 2013 render view and timeslider.

OMG!!! i've been working on this project for a while and after doing both, render view and timeslider to play the animation, maya 2013 decided it was ok to just freeze up and crash!!! GRRRR i'm sooo angry!! why can't the maya programmers get things right? *sigh* would be nice if at least maya automatically saved your last work or something... geezz

# 2 27-09-2012 , 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
1. Yes it can auto save your work every x minutes. There is an incremental save feature.
2. Even when it crashes it tries to save your work. In Windows you can find it in the temp folder.

- Genny
# 3 27-09-2012 , 11:41 PM

1. Yes it can auto save your work every x minutes. There is an incremental save feature.
2. Even when it crashes it tries to save your work. In Windows you can find it in the temp folder.

where is this auto save feature located? i must of missed it under the preferences. also, it would be nice if when re-opening maya, it told that your worked was previously saved after crashing or ending task on it for freezing up. thanks for you reply on the matter though, i appreciate it. it's just that i've been working on a project and now i have to redo the animation portion of it thanks to not telling me at start up it could try to re-open my unsaved work. i normally save my work periodically, but i figured it wasn't going to be a problem since i was going to do a quick animation, but then i forgot to save the updates and thought i had it saved, so i tried rendering it while playing the timeslider and just completely hung/froze.

# 4 27-09-2012 , 11:53 PM
Super Moderator
Auto save is in the "Files/Projects" category of the preferences.

- Genny
# 5 28-09-2012 , 12:36 AM

Auto save is in the "Files/Projects" category of the preferences.

thank you.